Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

External indicator board for A1200T
External indicator board for A1200T
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: As you can see, this is a external indicator board for a Micronik tower; but via the toggle switch it also allows the video switcher to be in "Auto" mode, force it to the graphics card, or force it to the Amiga onboard graphics via a scandoubler; a great help when setting up the graphics card drivers.

The two power leds are simply wired up via resistors to a spare power connector; the floppy and IDE activity are wired up to the back of the indicator/reset switch board in the front of the micronik tower, and the SCSI 1 and SCSI 2 indicators go, via 2 pin connectors, to the led connections on any hard drives installed on the SCSI chain. The SCSI hdd indicators help since the micronik tower, although it has a "hdd" indicator on the tower, there is no provisions for SCSI activity to be indicated.

Picture Stats:
Views: 2335
Filesize: 65.67kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: Hodgkinson at September 02, 2006, 12:30:16 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (4)

Hodgkinson
October 31, 2008, 07:18:39 PM
You’d be surprised, the slot blower I've got at the back of the A1200T blows out hotter air than I've ever felt on a PC with one fitted. Having said that, I’m not exactly sure what’s getting hot in there...
Tension
October 29, 2008, 03:46:34 PM
Why would anyone ever need a fan in their miggy.  I get paranoid of mine getting too cold!!! (A4000 040 in Micronik tower)
Hodgkinson
November 18, 2007, 09:51:13 PM
:-) A few reasons, the main being that it was just a quick job at the time. Besides; at this point in time the tower's OS still needs rebuilding and it looks like all 3 front 5.25 inch bays are going to be occupied (IDE CD-ROM, fan unit, SCSI CD-ROM) as soon as the system is rebuilt.

Oh, and finding face-plates that will fit and can be modified (Other than the *special* originals) for these towers is rather difficult.

Hodgkinson.
rkauer
November 17, 2007, 09:14:00 PM
Almost a good idea.

Why not put it behind a dark acrylic 5.25" faceplate and put it inside the tower?