Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The Final Cartridge III
The Final Cartridge III
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: The Final Cartridge III found on a local junk-yard
Picture Stats:
Views: 2205
Filesize: 39.09kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: keltic at February 06, 2007, 01:37:46 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (4)

Oldsmobile_Mike
March 01, 2011, 08:40:30 PM
I had one of those for my C64.  Loved it!!  :)
Roondar
June 21, 2007, 10:00:16 AM
It was 'Final' in the sense that the makers considered it so good you wouldn't need another C64 utility cartridge anymore should you have it. It'd be your final cartridge, so to speak ;)

And yes, there was a Final Cartridge and a Final Cartridge II (I have the latter, as well as the Final Cartridge III).

In many respects they where right*, it is a very powerfull -in C64 terms- utility cartridge. For most purposes it is amongst the best. Plus it had that neat Workbench ripoff GUI!

*) Note that this goes for the competition at the time and it does miss some features compared to say an Action Replay cart. It surely is pretty much the easiest to use multi-purpose cart ever made for the C64 tho.
Starke
February 07, 2007, 01:41:58 PM
InTheSand:

No offence man, but by the comment in the description, we cant expect him/her to know why its Final.
And yeah, the two before it didnt have final on them, as this printer had three clips, the third one being final, kinda like when the Kid in the terminator movie says
"LAST ONE" to Sarrah O'connor in the movie, when shes firing at the T1000!

LOL

Cheers 8-)  8-)
InTheSand
February 07, 2007, 09:19:05 AM
In what respect is it final?

And the number three implies that there were two before it... So why weren't they final enough?!  :-)

Sorry! tOO MANY oops caps lock! drinks! :pint:

- Ali