Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nibiru is actually a BoingBall...  (Read 6569 times)

Description:

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
Re: Nibiru is actually a BoingBall...
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;701409

Begging everyone for money to buy an os4 machine and not delivering? Yeah that sounds pretty amiga like to me.

Kinda like pre-orders. hahaha

Maybe you should give everyone their money back?

Not before I get my t-shirt!
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline cha05e90

• Show only replies by cha05e90
    • http://www.ruthe.info
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 09:16:51 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;701409
Begging everyone for money to buy an os4 machine

Could you please show the post(s) where djnick initially "begged everyone" for an OS4 machine? Thanks in advance!
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 09:28:29 AM »
I'm not sure how to search for those posts, maybe someone else can help us locate that post.

He asked everyone to contribute to buying him an os4 machine so he could create graphics and themes and things for the os4 community.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline cha05e90

• Show only replies by cha05e90
    • http://www.ruthe.info
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;701413
He asked everyone to contribute to buying him an os4 machine so he could create graphics and themes and things for the os4 community.

Still...are you sure that *he* asked initially for a OS4 system or was it someone else? Nevermind...in the end this isn't really important.

@djnick
Nice backdrop ... I like that "Amiga" font.
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »
Quote from: djnick;701337
It is in the works. It took me long time to make SAM work and also set up OS4.1.
I wish I can do similar stuff on Amiga [ArtEffect is damn slow on larger images and I don`t know using Gimp in Emulator]... Still has some stuff to fix [my clock does not work well and I am learning how to reskin MUI with ease. OS4.1 is nice but needs lots of improvements.

you have been here from 2002 and didn't know that os4 needs lots of improvements?... and you just found out 'ArtEffect is damn slow on larger images'... where have you been?... living under a rock?. dont tell me your struggling to get the os4 themes done. people have given you a free sam460... so dont disappoint. or else this ****storm in this thread that is building up, will be following you for years to come.

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 12:46:33 PM »
Quote from: itix;701414
http://moobunny.dreamhosters.com/cgi/mbmessage.pl/amiga/226079.shtml

OMG what a dramatic twist! Who would have guessed this "original" HD wallpaper was a copy/paste job? I for one am shocked. Shocked I tell you!

Offline Forcie

• Show only replies by Forcie
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 01:46:40 PM »
So, nowadays OS4 fans are giving away free computers for copypasting other peoples graphics off the internet and slapping on a transparent boingball?

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 03:57:38 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;701423
OMG what a dramatic twist! Who would have guessed this "original" HD wallpaper was a copy/paste job? I for one am shocked. Shocked I tell you!

if this is the best he can do, then he have a well earned ****storm coming his way.

Offline djnickTopic starter

• Show only replies by djnick
    • http://www.djnick.rs
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 04:19:16 PM »
Quote from: A1260;701432
if this is the best he can do, then he have a well earned ****storm coming his way.

Oh, damn.

I have done this "quick mockup work" "just for fun" - nothing serious. I used already created space from googling "space HD wallpapers", added boing, added smokes [from some animations], added dirt, light, text... and that was it. I even write clearly that I USED this wallpaper from some other place. Look more clearly on DeviantArt's description... And this ?Wallpaper for Fun" does not count for serious work. How it could be when it is done for fun and in 15 minutes!?

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 04:49:12 PM »
I think it's a great pic!  I'd love to get a version for 3.9 to run with my Mediator setup...

I don't know why people are getting so riled up over your pic.  It is kinda funny but cool.  Better than anything I could do to say the least.  Thanks for sharing!
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline zylesea

• Show only replies by zylesea
    • http://www.via-altera.de
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »

Offline haywirepc

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 10:03:52 PM »
"I don't know why people are getting so riled up over your pic. " -

People are getting worked up because this person grubbed a free os4 machine from the users in order to work on projects to benefit the amiga community.

So far this 3 minute cut and paste job, which was admittedly not even done on an amiga or amiga software is all he has delivered.

Anyone know when it was that people donated  to this joke? I seem to recall it was quite a long time ago. Someone does need to locate those posts of him grubbbing for money so he could do all these great projects for the amiga community.

In other news if anyone will buy me a morphos or amiga os4 machine  I'll
make 2 wallpapers. Thats right, and I will do it the same day I receive those computers. Thats DOUBLE the benefit to the morphos or os4 communities.

Thats right for a limited time, I'll offer DOUBLE the work this guy did to get his free os4 machine. DOUBLE Thats how I roll.

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 10:14:22 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;701452
"I don't know why people are getting so riled up over your pic. " -

People are getting worked up because this person grubbed a free os4 machine from the users in order to work on projects to benefit the amiga community.

So far this 3 minute cut and paste job, which was admittedly not even done on an amiga or amiga software is all he has delivered.

Anyone know when it was that people donated  to this joke? I seem to recall it was quite a long time ago. Someone does need to locate those posts of him grubbbing for money so he could do all these great projects for the amiga community.

In other news if anyone will buy me a morphos or amiga os4 machine  I'll
make 2 wallpapers. Thats right, and I will do it the same day I receive those computers. Thats DOUBLE the benefit to the morphos or os4 communities.

Thats right for a limited time, I'll offer DOUBLE the work this guy did to get his free os4 machine. DOUBLE Thats how I roll.

Only problem there is, you might feel guilty about taking people's money, or maybe using other people's work. But some roll that way. Guess it keeps the world turning!

Offline haywirepc

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 10:17:55 PM »
SOMEONE please locate the post where he grubbed his free os4 machine from people here.... Yes HE asked for that, not someone else.

Oh yeah I forgot that too...

I won't just copy and paste a boing ball, I'll render graphics I draw or model myself to create my 2 wallpapers.

Thats right 2 ORIGINAL wallpapers. No copy and paste over someone else's
work... ORIGINAL WORK Thats how I roll.

This tremendous amount of work is being offered for a limited time for just the cost of an os4 or morphos machine and shipping.

Think of the extreme benefits buying this machine for me will have for the os4 and morphos communities. Come on, donate.

TWO WALLPAPERS could be yours!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:21:13 PM by haywirepc »

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show only replies by Terminills
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 28, 2012, 10:26:26 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;701456
SOMEONE please locate the post where he grubbed his free os4 machine from people here.... Yes HE asked for that, not someone else.

Oh yeah I forgot that too...

I won't just copy and paste a boing ball, I'll render graphics I draw or model myself to create my 2 wallpapers.

Thats right 2 ORIGINAL wallpapers. No copy and paste over someone else's
work... ORIGINAL WORK Thats how I roll.

This tremendous amount of work is being offered for a limited time for just the cost of an os4 or morphos machine and shipping.

Think of the extreme benefits buying this machine for me will have for the os4 and morphos communities. Come on, donate.

TWO WALLPAPERS could be yours!

Actually it was kas1e on awn.  Not to be one to ruin a perfectly good rant tho. :P

http://amigabounty.net/index.php?function=viewproject&projectid=90

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6194
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed