Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blasphemy (I know, I know ...... but ?????)  (Read 4222 times)

Description:

Offline Fransexy_

• Show all replies
Re: Blasphemy (I know, I know ...... but ?????)
« on: April 07, 2006, 06:16:07 PM »

T_Bone wrote:
Check this out...

"This report claims that around the time of OS X 10.5 Leopard's release, Apple will also make available a set of APIs to allow Windows to run Mac Universal Binary applications. This rumor was mentioned elsewhere several months ago, but wasn't linked so directly with the next version of OS X."

http://www.macosrumors.com/20060402A.php

uncharted:
MacOSRumours is well known for being, well, made up crap.

Perhaps it´s not true but it´s only a matter of time that something like this appear.

I thinked and continues thinking that the apple switch to intel is a dead end.Yes maybe initially their sales will increase (it´s the the improvement of the death) but after this initial boosts it will be sunk
DON\'T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY AFTER ALL NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE OF IT

Offline Fransexy_

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

melgross wrote:
That's not even in the slightest bit right. I'm getting a lot of interest from people who have been interested in switching, over the years,  who are ready to take the plunge.

These will be the only machines able to run all operating systems at full, or near to full, speed.

Now, if the moron's who are crapping their way through finishing some form, any form, of Amiga OS, would get off the pot, and move it to x86, it would run there, on the Mac,  far better than on any piece of junk that MIGHT ever see the light of day as Amiga native hardware.

Apple a more big an active company has taken year of development of their OS for x86 in the background (or do you think that apple magically decided the stwitch an in a night made the port?) And even more OSX is based on BSD kernel that has an X86 port for much more years.An in these years a lot of apllications has been made for osx.
And do you want that amigaos will be ported to x86 in a night day from a small company with a small userbase and a small software library??? you are a crazy man, baby

Offline Fransexy_

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 03:01:19 PM »

amigadave wrote:

KThunder wrote:
i have quite a few posts were i just say
[color=ff0000]AROS[/color][/b][/i]
there i did again
aros is a platform independamt rewrite of amiga os3.1 which currently has a port to native x86 and hosted port on linux

But what software runs on AROS?  Is there a list somewhere that will show me what works and what does not?  I always hear about which new programs are now available for MorphOS and AOS4.0, but never AROS.

Educate me please.

There is Hollywood (the first commercial app for AROS)
there is amIRCos an irc client
There is Mosaic a very primitive web browers
There is lunapain a deluxe paint clone
There are a lot of more
you can take a look at AROS archives

Offline Fransexy_

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 12:50:02 PM »
Ok. First of all, embedded cpu's are not usually multi-core chips. Embedded chips, for the most part, do not have a need for great performance. The greatest need is for low power consumption, and reliability.

Sure? Well, this CHIP is aimed at embedded market and has 1025 cores

Offline Fransexy_

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 12:59:24 PM »
They can afford to be more daring as backwards compatibility isn't a major priority, and if it is, IBM is being commisioned to do custom design for a specific platform that wouldn't be available to other companies without a hefty price tag. If you buy a Cell processor, you're paying Sony, not IBM, and you have to pay IBM indirectly for the work they did on the processor. More middlemen, plus, you still have to have a custom motherboard made. Specs look good on paper, but real-world practicality is lacking.

You are wrong.Sony not only wants that other OS´s run on their CELL based Playstation but to made the cell the next multimedia chip.Sony, toshiba and ibm wants that their cell be used in all types of devices from computers to wasihg machines.So it will be not difficult to abtain cell processors

Offline Fransexy_

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 10:23:40 AM »
The question is; Do you always want to be about two generations behind in everything?

On x86 world running windows you always have the perfomance of two generations behind.To run the current version of windows at happily speeds you need the processors of tomorrow and then you will be forced to run a new version of windows that need the next generation chip to run at reasonable speeds and then...........So what´s the point

Linux has become as bloatware as windows in the lastest years so........

And onother os on x86 is only another win for windows as every pc sold is money for microsoft  :madashell:

Offline Fransexy_

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 12:13:25 PM »
Because running non-M$ OS, you can take advantage of the awesome hardware capabilities.

That´s is what i want to say, AmigaOS on "outdatet" PPC will perform as updated as and awesome ultra modern PC running the ultimate windows

And yes i can run non-microsoft OS but not all OS´s has drivers for all, for example on my notebook neither linux,Beos, qnx or solaris recognize the modem.So in the end you ended searching for a specific solutions for run another operating system

But your looking for unreasonable and silly reasons to continue on being a ludite, don't let reality stop you from your mission.

Are my opinions.Are you saying  that I cannot give my opinion?? Because that is the impression that you gives me with your words

Offline Fransexy_

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 10:49:01 PM »
I think you're still stuck in 1995. Try running Windows98 on a 1Ghz Celeron. Then replace it with WindowsXP. You should notice a huge improvement in performance, even without much more memory usage.

I had installed windows98 then upgrade to xp, xp was so slow on my machine that i have to install windows 2000, so no, i not notice an huge improvement in performance with XP is quite the opossite.

I have proven and installed almost every avaliable OS, so maybe you are who is stuck in the 95

Offline Fransexy_

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 06:23:14 PM »
Sorry, man, but I do those kinds of upgrades all the time. XP is quite a bit faster, overall, provided you use the classic interface.

I've never done a 98 to XP upgrade, though. I always do clean installs. It wouldn't surprise me at all if an upgrade turns the machine into sludge.

I tried the two (as i said i like to prove all OSS and combinations),And surprising XP is faster with an upgrade than clean install, and is faster intalled over a fat partition than on a NTFS one; these are my experiences obviosly your average could vary, perhaps you do not notice the difference in fast machines but in limited computers you see the slownest of the xp over old versions of windows what corroborates my exposition that  you need the next generation PC for run in "happily" speeds each new version of Windows