Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Duke Nukem Forever - What did you think?  (Read 1655 times)

Description:

Offline CritAnimeTopic starter

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
Duke Nukem Forever - What did you think?
« on: June 18, 2011, 02:44:14 AM »
Seems like this game has had a real panning from the critics. And mixed responses from the general gaming populace.

Personally I really enjoyed the game from start to finish. I felt like I was back in the old days of DN3D. The jokes remained pretty much the same and it made me feel like I was breaking some unwritten rule when I chuckled at some of the non-pollitically correct jokes. The controls on the xbox version could have done with been a little tighter. But I had no real complaints.

I do think that this game is the sort of game that your not going to find a middle ground with. Your either gonna enjoy it or loath it.

What do you guys think of this game? Did you enjoy it or loath it? Are you curious about it or couldn't care less?

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
Re: Duke Nukem Forever - What did you think?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 08:11:53 AM »
I think CAD sums it up nicely:

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20110613

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
Micro XP does not seem to like it. So I think I'll install a regular distro of XP and give that a shot.

I have not read any reviews, but really, all I'm asking for is something that can compete with the original, but in 3D, Hi-Res, and all that junk. I'd totally down with an old school run and gun with plenty of world interaction, a few puzzles, and some laughs.

What I am not expecting is RAGE from ID Software. I am not expecting something that will revolutionize the way we play and think of games. I am not expecting a game that goes places and does things that no other game has before.

So with that said, how's it deliver?

BTW, I still play the original Duke 3D on my XBOX, in software mode, not to mention Shadow Warrior. On top of this, I am very versed in DOOM editing, and do it still to this day. On that note, one of these days my dream project will be released. :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:30:42 AM by XDelusion »
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline CritAnimeTopic starter

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 08:31:14 AM »
I really enjoyed it. Though it is the marmite of the gaming world. You either like it or loath it.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 09:02:15 AM »
I love a lot of games that fall into that category.

Happily, I will not be using a Joypad to play this, so maybe the PC version will control better?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs