Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A little rebuff to global warming  (Read 4028 times)

Description:

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
Re: A little rebuff to global warming
« Reply #59 from previous page: June 22, 2004, 08:06:36 AM »

FluffyMcDeath wrote:

Well, while we're covering old ground, I already pointed out to you that your assertion is in error. I'm not sure if you've read the IPCC material, but they do point out that, while those events did occur, they were local phenomena, not global.

And as I pointed out earlier your supposition is incorrect, I've read all 3 reports cover to cover, I'm virtually sure you have not.  Saying an event that occurred thoughout both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and effected all 7 continents to be a local phenomena is both ludicrous and deceitful.

The trees in North America seem to have completely missed them, if you can trust their rings (which I suppose you can't because they're a bunch of liberal eco-freaks that want you to live in the stone-age).

Not sure where you got that crazy belief, North America (which included all those glaciers I was just visiting) was definitely effected by the Little Ice Age, the biggest proof of the Little Ice Age (ie Greenland) is part of North America, so you are really running like a bull in the china shop with no clear direction in mind.  
     -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2004, 11:29:35 AM »
Hum,
Why not see for yourself?
Download and run a  climate model software package  to see what may happen this century...
And test to see how predictions may change if the behaviour of the Gulf Stream.
Anyone wanting to join the experiment can download a secure software package, including a version of the Met Office's state-of-the-art climate model, from the climateprediction.net site.

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2004, 09:46:21 PM »
I doubt he'd accept the results, probably calling them liberal propaganda or flawed IPCC science or something again. He'd be doing that still when his house is underwater, I think. :)

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2004, 10:49:44 PM »

KennyR wrote:
I doubt he'd accept the results, probably calling them liberal propaganda or flawed IPCC science or something again. He'd be doing that still when his house is underwater, I think. :)

KennyR,

This is just getting silly.  We have a computer simulation based on the IPCC climate model (it says so) and you are acting like those of us who want a climate model that actually fits the historical data are silly.  Once again explain to me why we should use a climate model that requires deletion of two global climatic events (LIA & MWP) and throwing out the most independently verified temperature profile of the last 25 years for it to correct.  Dont you think maybe we should come up with a model that actually fits the known data instead of altering or throwing out the data that doesnt fit the model??
      -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline zudobug

• Show only replies by zudobug
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2004, 12:21:49 AM »
Hey fellas,

If anyone else reading this scratches their head and thinks "what on Earth is all this about?" like I did, I found an article which has many links to sources about IPCC, LIA, MWP and other confusing acronyms.

I think it explains it all pretty well. And you have the option to follow the links and get really in-depth.

Climate Science Introduction

And

Contrarians

I dunno how up-to-date these are. Early 2004 I believe. Has anything new come to light since?

Anyway, I'm still reading. Normally I'd read everything before posting a link, but this is massive and I wanna go to bed soon, but I also wanna know what other people think. There's more to it than just the links I have posted, but those seem most relevant.

TC,

-zudo
Realtime amiga.org chatting on irc.synirc.net - #amiga.org and #coffeehouse

Offline FluffyMcDeath

• Show only replies by FluffyMcDeath
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2004, 03:32:37 AM »

Tigger wrote:

And as I pointed out earlier your supposition is incorrect, I've read all 3 reports cover to cover, I'm virtually sure you have not.

Perhaps I am confusing the reports with an ancilliary document. If I get the time, I'll do a search.

Saying an event that occurred thoughout both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and effected all 7 continents to be a local phenomena is both ludicrous and deceitful.

Indeed, and so is saying that something that was local effected all 7 continents and both Norhern and Southern hemispheres.

The left leaning wanna-be-eco-cavemen-freaks at Science Daily disagree. But that's just the liberal gibberish you can expect from university and NOAA types!! (spit)

edit --
OK, I took a quick look, and it was actually ridiculously easy to find. In IPCC Third Assessment Report: Climate Change 2001. It's section 2.3.3 "Was there a “Little Ice Age” and a “Medieval Warm Period”?"

Here's a link.

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2004, 01:26:52 AM »
Hum,
i just came across some figures...
This time last year, the whole of Europe was baking with record-breaking temperatures...
The death toll was estimated to have been 25-30 thousand, the majority of which 14 thousand occurred in France as a  direct result from a two week heatwave...