Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Documentary  (Read 5937 times)

Description:

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show all replies
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Re: Amiga Documentary
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:35:15 PM »
that's very cool!

if you haven't already done so, contact Kermit of Novadesign
http://www.novadesign.com/

he's got the NoveDesign show reel that includes frames from a film where three Amiga's were used to create the special effects. The film was Hologram Man produced by PM (now defunct).

We continued to use those Amigas using mostly ImageFX but also Lightwave and some other programs for other films.

I wish I had those frames, but I don't unfortunately

I hope Kermit still does.
I also was able to have a career in graphics and films because the Amiga let me learn all about that on my own. In those days (early 90's) there was no such thing as classes in this topic. There were only Amiga groups which I attended obsessively.

the History of the Amiga is a story that has to be told.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show all replies
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Re: Amiga Documentary
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 03:44:40 AM »
Quote from: Amiduffer;569402
What's really needed is a good documentary about the Corporate insanity that took a cutting edge technology and squandered it. A how-to-not-destroy your company product. You could make a nice cloak and dagger Who-dunnit out of the post-Commodore rollercoaster, especially with Ryan and A.inc. 8) That stuff is right out of the cheeziest B-Grade mystery thriller, almost. "The Curse of the Commodore Corpse" would make a good title.
that's ok and is certainly part of Amiga history, but what is almost Never seen or talked about is the effect Amiga and Amiga users had on the way things are NOW done in film / TV.

everyone who got an Amiga in the early days was a pioneer. and we did have an effect on how artists get their work out

for a long time if you wanted to do graphics and optical effects for film you had to be hired by studios. The equipment was expensive. only large studios could afford all that.

once Amiga's came out and were - relatively speaking - affordable for nearly anyone, that changed everything. I had to save up for my Amiga 2000 but it was worth it. I could see that films by the regular person could be done. I literally could see it back then. We didn't have to be slaves to corporations. We could create our own visions.

small groups of artists like the one I joined could buy a few Amiga's and start hiring themselves out as special effects shops. Not an easy career, but worth all the effort.
this is the real gift Amiga brought.

which is why I find all the whining about hardware THIS and Software THAT, and blah blah blah really boring.

Amiga's legacy is not about how many machines were sold. It was how it changed an industry.
and nothing anyone says can take that away.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial