Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS 3.9 Cannot open "resource.library"  (Read 5382 times)

Description:

Offline zipper

Re: OS 3.9 Cannot open "resource.library"
« on: September 24, 2021, 02:11:39 PM »
Check if you got everything copied into your Classes:
My first install did miss to copy something and I had to compare and found something was missing.

Offline zipper

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 06:19:01 PM »
All files? I think I had missing gadgets.
From Greg Donner website:

Q:
On bootup, I get the following error message: "Cannot open resource.library, version 44, unable to load AmiDock". I have the correct version of resource.library installed, and AmiDock exists in SYS:WBStartup. Why does this appear, and how do I eliminate this error?

A:
In many cases the problem message you received did not accurately reflect a missing or even damaged library, but rather the absence of a "#?.gadget" file that the resource.library function depends on. Check the SYS:Classes/Gadgets/ directory on your system partition and the OS3.9 directory of the install CD-ROM and manually copy any missing #?.gadget files. Ensure that all the #?.gadget files are the latest versions (do this by checking the latest Boing Bag first, then the OS 3.9 CD-ROM).

[Mike Wilson/Cor Kriekaart]

Another cause for this message may be a corrupt or incorrectly installed 68040.library and/or 68060.library file. Make sure that you're using the correct—and valid—680x0.libraries. Such a corrupt file may work under OS 3.1, but will fail in OS 3.9.

[Rob Pleak]

Offline zipper

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 06:29:28 PM »
ClassAct spoils Reaction.