Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Checkmate A1500 Plus Amiga 1200 Project  (Read 10826 times)

Description:

Offline ToddHTopic starter

Re: My Checkmate A1500 Plus Amiga 1200 Project
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 21, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
It's a really nice keyboard. It's solid as a rock and has some heft to it. Now that I've been using it on my PC I almost don't want to give it up for the Amiga. Something tells me I'll be ordering another on in the near future.

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 09:22:18 PM »
Just a quick update...

Looks like I'm one of the first folks to get a Vampire 1200 card. As soon as I receive it I'll update the thread with pictures, impressions, etc. Looking forward to some sweet Vampire goodness. Thanks Igor for the hard work!

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 01:45:02 AM »
Look what arrived today...

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2021, 09:45:59 PM »
So I've been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and I'm probably going to be selling my entire Amiga collection to help pay for treatment, including my prized possession that is the subject of this thread. I've got to start cataloging everything this coming weekend. Trying to decide whether to break everything up or just sell everything together.

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 07:18:19 PM »
Yeah I have a tough battle ahead and to be honest the outlook isn’t good. I’ve already sold a lot of my toys, such as my guitars and equipment, to help pay what insurance won’t. Plus  it takes the burden off my wife in case the worst happens she won’t have to try and get rid of this stuff. Im fairly certain she wouldn’t know what to do with a bunch of old classic computer equipment, which is one of the reasons I'm getting rid of it now. She’d probably just give it all to Goodwill. And I’d rather it go to someone that will enjoy and cherish it as much as I do.

It’s been a great run. I’ve been a member of the Amiga community since the late 80s. My favorite time was the early 90s when I spent a lot of time at the Amiga users group at the University of Georgia. Like most others I left after the death of the Amiga but found my way back. Seems like every year there are fewer of us left.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 06:05:35 PM by ToddH »

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2021, 06:13:41 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words and wonderful PMs. While I'm realistic about my chances I'm still going to fight with everything I have.