Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Update  (Read 3375 times)

Description:

Offline dammyTopic starter

• Show only replies by dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »
the acquisition of certain technology that will change the landscape of  the CE/IT industry in a most profound manner, and will enable Commodore  the ability to bring to market a product category that will put us back  in the forefront of the computer/IT/CE arena, as we once were.
What, did they figure out quantum computing? Gee, don't I feel sheepish.

...no, wait, don't tell me! They've decided to harness "the power of X!"
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline number6

Re: Update
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:32:43 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;680094
What, did they figure out quantum computing? Gee, don't I feel sheepish.

...no, wait, don't tell me! They've decided to harness "the power of X!"

More likely this

The terminated agreement between Asiarim and Euro American S.A. would likely turn into an agreement between the actual IP owner and Euro American S.A. They haven't mentioned this company in the legal paperwork, but it's not a secret really.

This assumes the element of trust and the desire to go through with this considering the lawsuit isn't considered a deal breaker, etc. Until there's a new terms paper made public, I wouldn't conclude anything as being certain.

It's about fractal compression on devices. iirc, patent battles kept this in the courts for quite a while, and apparently it is now freed. btw-this would necessitate extremely powerful h/w.