Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: fusion forty  (Read 1555 times)

Description:

Offline DamageXTopic starter

• Show only replies by DamageX
    • http://www.hyakushiki.net/
fusion forty
« on: July 15, 2006, 07:01:41 PM »
my Amiga will boot the F-40 with no startup-sequence but crashes right away if I enable the 32-bit RAM

what's the easiest way to identify the version of the ROMs that are installed? I can update them if necessary, I just have to wait a while for them to erase (via florescent bulb).

Offline patrik

Re: fusion forty
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 08:07:40 PM »
I assume you have a Zorro2 harddrive-controller. If it is a dma capable one, like for example the A2091 or GVP HC+8, you need to make sure the Mask for all partitions and in all mount-lists for CD-ROMs etc are set to 0xFFFFFF, or else it will freak out if you enable memory it cant reach - Zorro2 cards cant reach memory located above the first 16MB and this Mask value prevents them from even trying.

/Patrik

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 08:38:17 PM »
Get the latest rom files from me if you need them v3.4
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline DamageXTopic starter

• Show only replies by DamageX
    • http://www.hyakushiki.net/
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 07:51:40 AM »
I have the GVP HC+8, it worked fine with the A3001 w/ 12MB. I checked the mask and it is set to $FFFFFE

TjLazer, I did get the ROMs from your site, thanks. I dumped the ROMs from the card and the checksums matched so I guess it is already up to date.

After removing the old setcpu (for '030) program from startup-sequence it will now boot, at least after a few tries. Sometimes it displays a fusion forty logo and crashes or shows a yellow screen. Once it does boot it seems to work fine but it's slow and always dies shortly after enabling the 32-bit RAM. I've tried 5 sets of SIMMs. Is this card defective?

Offline Motormouth

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 01:28:31 AM »
Check the version of the roms on the GVP HC+8.  You may need to upgrade to a newer version.  
Also remove all 16-bit fast ram from the system and "See what happens"
The F-40 is particularly subborn about the hard drive controllers it will work with and some fast ram controllers  

TjLaZer is right the V3.4 should have help a bit.  (thanks TjLaZer for helping with my roms :-D)

One more thing.  Check the configuration of the RAM in the F-40.  The F-40's memory lines are dual channel and require the ram to be in certain SIMM slots to work properly (aka 32-bit ram error).  I think The Big Book of Amiga Hardware or the Amiga hardware Database will tell you which slots to use.

Offline stephan

• Show only replies by stephan
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 01:33:56 AM »
I'm having some issues with the Fusion Forty and an A2091 as well... although the mask is set to 0xFFFFFF, i still get Read Errors from my HD as long as the F40 is enabled. Any ideas?