Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A500 ++ Prototype  (Read 19949 times)

Description:

Offline Crumb

• Show all replies
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: A500 ++ Prototype
« on: May 30, 2010, 09:08:32 PM »
Quote from: Buzzfuzz;562104
That would require A4000 chips, the A500 chips aren't usable with 060.
That is the problem with more speed, memory and new technology.
I already suggested SATA and Zorram like memory or use of DDR ram, but it won't work.
It could work if you added A4000 chips like superbuster 11, but then space would become a problem.
Like I said, if he gets this working and our tests go well, then it will be ready for upgrades.

Interesting project!

I have a pair of comments:
-AFAIK A3000 offers faster chipram access than A500/A2000. Will this design allow 7MB/s writes to chipmem too? The chips should be the same, the motherboard design is not.
-I think that emulating Gayle would be a good idea for HD access. It would allow cheap IDE access and IMHO it won't add much complexity to the board. In addition to that it's supported OOTB. Nothing wrong about scsi but IMHO having cheap IDE would be nice too.
-Any chance of a cpu connector? A1200 if possible :-)
-SDRAM would be nice although SIMM sockets would be ok. Anyway 128MB simms should be accepted.
-Any possibility of installing IndivisionECS?

good luck with the project! ATM I'm more interested in an FPGA running an AGA core with a real 030/040/060 socket and SD/DDR/DDR2 ram but a replacement A500 board sounds cool. An FPGA based cpu accelerator running tobiflex tg68k core would be interesting too (even if it ran slower than 030/50).
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)