Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are there any valuable Amiga games?  (Read 7341 times)

Description:

Offline Gilthanaz

• Show all replies
Re: Are there any valuable Amiga games?
« on: August 13, 2011, 02:16:34 AM »
I've seen Zak Mc Kracken go for 280 US$ on Ebay. Also, Apidya is about 70 - 80 Euros nowadays. I got a hold on "The Patrician" and learned its usually about 50 US$. Amberstar, Ambermoon and Eye of the Beholder I/II go for insane prices as well sometimes.

Dune II ... still trying to get a hold on that one :/

- G

Edit:
I just bought Indy IV (Fate of Atlantis) in mint condition for 15$, so good luck to the guy who wants several hundred for it...

Edit2:
I had an offer for 45$ for Maniac Mansion in mint condition, but couldn't get over myself to pay that much at the moment...

Offline Gilthanaz

• Show all replies
Re: Are there any valuable Amiga games?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 11:12:40 AM »
Quote from: orb85750;656323
Not seeking to contradict you, *but* I've also seen a couple of the games you mention go for under $10 complete in box.  In fact, I bought one of them myself for a few dollars.

No offense taken ;) I'am checking the Amiga/C64 game market regulary for only a few weeks, two months at best. By now i've already seen Apidya go pretty cheap (30 Euros), but at least on the german market its very rare.

Sometimes people also just ask for insane prices - i just spotted a C64 in working condition with a minimum of perihperals in bundle, and the guy wants 1000€ for it; Well - good luck with that XD

As Franko linked, the UK market appears to be very different, for example. Lots of games that go for 1 - 7 Pounds there would be sold for at least twice the price on the german market, some even pretty expensive. If you find a collector who is willing to pay, that is :)

- Gil