Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amithlon  (Read 37970 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Amithlon
« on: September 07, 2014, 12:57:59 AM »
Quote from: OlafS3;772470
Just a short question from me. On Aros 68k I can integrate almost every amiga library and they work because it runs in some sort of UAE or real hardware. Amithlon can only use special libraries that are reimplementing the 68k libraries or can you mix both Amithlon and 68k libraries like on AmigaOS/MorphOS or Aros 68k?

You can mix and match.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:22:38 AM »
Quote from: trekiej;772485
Does it sound possible even without getting some permissions?
edit:
It would be cool if the commercial side was either open sourced or licensed .

There are legal issues with Amithlon that will never be resolved sadly. It's successor "Umilator" has no such legal issues but Bernd destroyed all the source code for it including backups. :(
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:54:02 PM »
Quote from: trekiej;772567
@Nicholas
I wish I could remember what commercial software that was argued over.
I think one thing was a color wheel.

• I meant the spat between Bernd and Harald Frank is unresolvable due to various reasons which led to the development of Umilator which contained no code written by Harald, rather than the other legal issues between H&P and Amino.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 10:09:01 PM »
Quote from: SnkBitten;805532
Plug it in, download and install Prism2v2.lha from aminet, fire up Genesis Wizard and add a new adapter, choose Prism2 device and set it up like a regular adapter.

I used a static IP address like the internal wired nic (one number higher).  WPA2 killed speed, WEP would be faster but my router doesn't support WEP.  I set up a guest network with internet access only and left it open and it connects  and works.

Perhaps if you ask Neil Cafferkey if he would compile the Prism 2 driver with the i686be compiler it wouldn't be so slow as it would be using native x86 code?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 05:11:41 PM »
Ramithlon from aminet gives a huge speedup btw