Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Microbotics M1230XA accelerator board repair  (Read 3237 times)

Description:

Offline larsove

• Show all replies
Re: Microbotics M1230XA accelerator board repair
« on: January 02, 2023, 07:37:33 PM »
Hi all!
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread here . But I've just got an a1200 with a M1230XA that is showing the same symptoms as above.
Amiga won't boot with card inserted - it just shows a black screen and a small tick from the disk drive.
i've tried pulling out the ram (32mb) but no difference. the board has not been recapped and the previous owner said it worked when he used the Amiga a couple years ago.
I know the expansion slot is working cause I also have a MBX1200z that is working.

Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Cheers from Norway!

Offline larsove

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 08:17:38 AM »
Too bad you are in Norway.  I might be able to help.

Hi! Let me know what your steps would be. I am handy with a soldering iron, multimeter and I do own an oscilloscope.

Offline larsove

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 10:21:43 AM »
False alarm... I inspected the card and found som dirt inside the connector - cleaned it out with a tootbrush and some contact/electronic cleaner - seems to work OK no. 32mb of ram found - and Amiga booting just fine.
But I'm not sure where the PIN that looks a bit sketchy is going to - its the 8th pin on the first row closest to the connector(on the right hand side if looking at the card from the bottom).