Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $799 Pegasos II ODW; 200-Euro Peg I to Peg II upgrade offer  (Read 5052 times)

Description:

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
I almost bought one of these, however I got turned off by the UPS shipping. $799 for the system + $23 for shipping + $200 for UPS brokerage fees (aka please bend over so that we could stick it up your arse fee). :-(

If they only offered USPS.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
Re: $799 Pegasos II ODW; 200-Euro Peg I to Peg II upgrade of
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 07:30:18 PM »
The $200USD is my estimated number, which I assume that UPS would add to the total amount. It doesn't have to do anything with Genesi or anyone else other than UPS.

UPS always does that, no matter how big or small your imported package is. They charge canadian/ontario pst and gst taxes to any package that comes into Canada (that's 15% added to the total cost) plus their inflated brokerage fee, which would add around $200 extra to the order. :-(

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
Re: $799 Pegasos II ODW; 200-Euro Peg I to Peg II upgrade of
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 09:22:39 PM »
@Argo:

Brokerage fee only applies to orders shipped by UPS that go to other countires. E.g. if I were to order from Canada, upon delivery the UPS driver would politely ask for more money. :-)
That's how UPS robs customers. It's insane.

If I were to go by USPS, there would probably still be some import fees that'd need to be paid by me, however SIGNIFICANTLY less than what UPS wants.