Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Software Hut newsletter - July 4th.  (Read 2832 times)

Description:

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
Software Hut newsletter - July 4th.
« on: July 04, 2002, 03:32:52 AM »
Welcome to another edition of the Software Hut Newsletter. As the 4th of July approaches and all of us are complaining about the heat (I know I am) things are also heating up in the Amiga market.

TOWER YOUR 3000

We will be receiving in our first shipment of the Mirage 3000 Tower expansion unit from Elbox. Now all 3000 owners can make their unit into a tower with more room for expansion, bigger power supply and the ability to run the latest Amiga OS when released by adding the Mediator and Shark PPC
board. The unit will accommodate all existing Amiga boards so items such as Cyberstorms, Xsurfs and a host of other boards can be moved over to the your new tower case. To see all the specs and to place an order please go to our home page, click on the online catalog icon and then go down and click on Mirage Conversion Tower Cases.

You can also find the Mirage 4000 Pro Tower Case via the same link with bundled Mediator and MM CD for anyone needing a tower case and wanting to add the Mediator at the same time.

TOASTSCANS A HIT

We want to thank all our customers who have waited for this great product to be released. The feedback has been unbelievable with many customers calling and emailing saying that they now can use their toaster again, either because their Amiga monitor was beyond repair or they can now use that great new 21 inch monitor with it. We expect another small shipment on Friday so if you have not tried this great product now is a great time. Of course besides working with the Toaster and all Amiga Genlocks it is also a great external scan doubler with flicker fixer for all other Amiga applications and it works with all Amiga model computers from the 1000 to the 4000. To see the Toastscan please visit our home page and click on the link "Toastscans are IN STOCK!!".

OS 4 UPDATE

We have heard that Hyperion is making good progress on OS 4 and the projected release date is around October. We know they are very committed
and want to make the best product possible. As soon as we get a firm release date we will begin taking orders on the Mediator, Amiga One and OS
4 for existing owners of the Cyberstorm and Blizzard PPC boards. We want to thank everyone for their patience as this "Amiga OS to the future" is
finished and finally released. Rest assured we will have some excellent bundles and prices as soon as we get closer to the final release date.

USED SITE UPDATED

We have updated our used site with many more new products and prices. One of the special items we have is an original prototype 3000 Plus unit. Only
50 units were ever produced and less than a handful are still intact. This unit, serial # 27, is in pristine shape and runs perfectly. As a special bonus for our newsletter readers we are including 2 Original Commodore tie Pins in their cases which were worn by Dave Haynie and George Robinson at the Amiga 500 Introduction in New York many years ago. To see this and the whole list of other fine used products please visit:

http://www.softhut.com/used.html

SPECIAL SCSI HD OFFER

We have just got in some exceptional pricing on IBM 36 Gig 7200 RPM scsi II hard drives. These drives come with a 3 year warranty and are super fast. Best of all the pricing is only $ 189.95. To see the details and place an order please visit:

http://www.softhut.com/newprod.html

We want to thank everyone for all their support and wish everyone in the United States a fantastic 4th of July holiday this year.

Sincerely,

Software Hut, Inc.
         www.softhut.com
         610-701-6301
         610-701-6306 FAX

Offline hnl_dk

• Show only replies by hnl_dk
Re: Software Hut newsletter - July 4th.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2002, 03:54:49 AM »
OS 4 UPDATE

We have heard that Hyperion is making good progress on OS 4 and the projected release date is around October. We know they are very committed
and want to make the best product possible. As soon as we get a firm release date we will begin taking orders on the Mediator, Amiga One and OS
4 for existing owners of the Cyberstorm and Blizzard PPC boards. We want to thank everyone for their patience as this "Amiga OS to the future" is
finished and finally released. Rest assured we will have some excellent bundles and prices as soon as we get closer to the final release date.

I hope it will be released around October  :-D

Then I could get it before my birthday  ;-)  in November  :-D  :-D  :-D

Please hurry up  ;-)

But what about the Blizzard PPC boards¿¿¿
I didn't think they would support Blizzard!
Are they???
Best regards,
Henning Nielsen Lund [Denmark]...

Offline jumpship

• Show only replies by jumpship
    • http://onlyamiga.kicks-ass.net
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2002, 03:54:55 AM »
Projected release date is around October

Interesting,  I didn't think that Hyperion was going to commit
themselves to a release date, "when it is ready" was the best you
could get. This could be good news.... Or could it?

X-Files here we come :lol:

JS

Offline hnl_dk

• Show only replies by hnl_dk
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2002, 03:56:23 AM »
Let me get my AmigaOneG3 SE with AmigaOS 4.0 before October  :-D Please ;-)
Best regards,
Henning Nielsen Lund [Denmark]...

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2002, 06:58:13 AM »
> We want to thank everyone for their patience

Hahahahahahahhahahhahahaha! Air! I need air! :-D

@hnl_dk: Mine's In November too. Nice timing. Sorry 'bout the nuclear joke. But you have to admit that Ernst Hugo Järegård rules :-)
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2002, 01:28:40 PM »
Hyperion haven't said anything offically about a release date beyond "when it's done".
This is just rumor and hearsay by Software Hut. As they said "We have heard that ..."such and such will happen.

Wasn't there something like this before? Like a month or so ago, that got people all in a huff as some vendor posted something untrue or rumor about the AmigaOne...

Offline YttriumOx

• Show only replies by YttriumOx
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2002, 02:10:07 PM »

Poster: Argo Date: 2002/7/4 21:28:40

Hyperion haven't said anything offically about a release date beyond "when it's done".
This is just rumor and hearsay by Software Hut. As they said "We have heard that ..."such and such will happen.

I'm inclined to agree until I hear it from Hyperion myself.  Being an AmigaOne board beta-tester/developer, I'm on the internal mailing list and Hyperion have NOT given a release date to us there, so I think it's pretty damn unlikely they'll have given one to Software Hut.

Wasn't there something like this before? Like a month or so ago, that got people all in a huff as some vendor posted something untrue or rumor about the AmigaOne...

Something like that, yeh.

Remember everyone - Software development is a tricky business... something you were expecting to take months can take days, and then something you were expecting to take days can take months.  Hyperion have been silent about release date for the simple reason that until they have it done, they don't know when it will be done.  They're not going to release some half-assed incomplete product just to meet some supposed deadline.  I think October is a reasonable GUESS, but no more than that, a guess.  Who knows, they may surprise everyone and release it tomorrow for all anyone knows at this point.

Regards,
Ben de Waal.