Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FPU Question  (Read 57 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaBrunoTopic starter

FPU Question
« on: March 30, 2024, 05:58:29 PM »
I'm really only interested in how long it takes for an order to arrive. In 2020, I ordered an 8Mb upgrade card after being told it would arrive a few days later. It took two weeks to arrive!

I assume your sales on eBay are quicker, due to eBay rules, though.

After this, I sent my Amiga A1200 for repair to a different company after it got rained on through. skylight. I had to send it back under warranty after this, then it took seven months to repair, but it might have taken longer at Amigakit, or you might just have said it's a write off.

I bought the 8Mb upgrade card without an FPU. If I ordered another one with an FPU, then I don't know how long you'd take to get it to me. Bearing this in mind, could I just order the FPU separately, then plug it in to my 8Mb card? I doubt this would be allowed, but I just thought I'd ask.

Does anyone else on here know what type of FPU is compatible with this 8Mb upgrade, where else I can get one, and how difficult it is to plug in? There is a jumper which disables the FPU, so if the socket got damaged, then by setting the jumper to off I should be no worse off than I am now. 

What about this one?
https://retroready.one/products/motorola-mc68882fn40-40mhz-fpu-plcc-68?variant=39249621123147 (SOLD OUT)

How about this one?
https://sordan.ie/product/740/motorola-fpu-68882-68882fn40a-40mhz-math-co-processor-plcc68/

« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 06:03:11 PM by AmigaBruno »

The following users thanked this post: amigakit

Offline Boing-ball

Re: FPU Question
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 11:46:45 PM »
I’m interested in this phrase you used on your last post:

“After this, I sent my Amiga A1200 for repair to a different company after it got rained on through. skylight. I had to send it back under warranty after this, then it took seven months to repair, but it might have taken longer at Amigakit, or you might just have said it's a write off.”

You mention another company. Who was that? As it sounds you had a bad experience.

But then you hypothesise about how long Amigakit would take to repair and what might have happened…
So my question is, how would you know, if you haven’t tried them?

Ideally what you have said here is off topic and needs its own thread.