Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore: The Amiga Years book update  (Read 8950 times)

Description:

Offline Pentad

Re: Commodore: The Amiga Years book update
« on: December 02, 2016, 07:33:24 PM »
Based on the Kickstarter update emails, I don't expect this until middle to late 2017.  Probably late 2017.

Update: The ebook will be out by the end of the year!  Maybe early 2017 for the book!

Brian has been interviewing a lot of people and collecting a great deal of information. I'm not sure where the writing process is.  I don't think he has a full first draft yet but I could be wrong.

I knew this would take a long time and my hope is that the book is worth waiting for.  I was pretty happy with his other two that I bought.

His email updates and Q/A have yielded some interesting tidbits and he has set some history right. For example, I didn't realize that Hedley Davis was the project leader for the Amiga 3000. I thought it was Dave Haynie. I didn't realize just how good an engineer Hedley was.

Brian said he even interviewed Robert Pariseau for the book which I am excited to read. I have tried to locate Bob and had absolutely no luck.

Also, I would like to know more about Dave Needle joining Hi-Toro and how long was he a janitor before David Morse let him do engineering work?

So as I said, I am hoping the book is worth the wait.

-P

PS - If you are looking for interesting information to tide you over until the book, you should follow the old Usenet (nntp.olduse.net) Amiga feeds. It has been fascinating to read the old conversations. The feed is set 30 years ago to the day so all messages released today are from 30 years ago today.  It has made it easier to follow some of these threads this way than the archive with Google.

Dave Haynie, Matt Dillion, Jeff Porter, Fred Fish, George Robbins, RJ Mical, Dale Luck and many more post(ed) nearly everyday. I was surprised that John Draper was a big fan of the Amiga and was writing software on the Amiga 1000 (not for Commodore).  Check it out.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:13:53 PM by Pentad »
Linux User (Arch & OpenSUSE TW) - WinUAE via WINE