Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Odyssey Web Browser 1.21  (Read 3152 times)

Description:

Offline Andre.SiegelTopic starter

• Show only replies by Andre.Siegel
    • http://www.power2people.org
Odyssey Web Browser 1.21
« on: December 11, 2013, 07:26:11 PM »
Fabien Coeurjoly has release version 1.21 of his Odyssey Web Browser for MorphOS. If you interested to see this web browser ported to AmigaOS and AROS, please consider donating to the related fundraising campaign: http://www.power2people.org/projects/odyssey/

You can download the new version from: http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/owb-morphos-1.21.lha

Core:
  • Updated to WebKit r155188 (October 2013) : big changes (and thus regressions :)) happened in many parts of WebKit since previous Odyssey release (clipboard, drag'n'drop, network, javascript, inspector, c++0x requirements, ...). They should hopefully all be addressed.
  • Updated to the new Webinspector layout.
  • Fixed the layout of the FTP listing, so that the rows don't use all the available vertical space.
  • Fixed a crash with self-disposing
  • Localstorage databases (conf/localstorage/#?.localstorage) were not released at exit, which prevented from deleting them manually.
  • Disabled non functional HTML5 MediaSource (it should help with some non-working YouTube links in HTML5 mode).
  • Fixed a bug with the "view source code" function that would sometimes just show a blank view.
  • The mimetype actions would not always be triggered properly in some cases (mainly because of redirections or content-disposition header). The response URL (or content-disposition filename if available) is now used when extension matching is needed.
  • Added more common mimetype extensions in mimetype default configuration.
  • Fixed a potential race condition at webview closing.

GUI:
  • Contextual cursor was sometimes not reset to normal cursor when leaving the webview area.
  • Added proxy support in network prefs section.
  • If webinspector is enabled, webinspector button is now also shown in navigation toolbar.
  • Added "TopSites" feature, showing most recently visited sites thumbnails. This page can be accessed from "topsites://" URL. Feel free to make suggestions about this new option. :)
  • Ambient deficons are now shown in file input controls (MorphOS 3.4+ required).
  • Ambient deficons are now shown in download manager lists (MorphOS 3.4+ required).
  • Select all the text in the search string when searching for text in a page.
  • Close google and history suggestion popup lists when the text is fully erased.
  • Added a "start downloads automatically" option, which allows to skip the file requester step.
  • Added a status icon to indicate if userscripts are running on a given page. The bubble help on this icon also shows which userscripts are actually running.
  • In bookmarks window, quicklinks favicons and URL are now displayed, to make it easier to create and identify title-less quick links.
  • Added support for multiple selection with file input elements.
  • Show FTP URL as window/tab title, instead of a blank title.
  • In image views, show the image filename instead of "unnamed title".
  • Implemented HTML5 ColorChooser dialog, using MUI Colorwheel.
  • Added a filename popup gadget for mimetype viewer.
  • Added a new page URL option (defaults to "topsites: / /").
  • Also show column number in javascript error/warning messages.

Media player:
  • Updated to ffmpeg from 27.11.2013.
  • Enabled support for VP9 codec.
  • Audio-only media could sometimes report a null duration : in practice, it fixes a hard crash with Facebook chat audio notifications.
  • Fixed a 32bits overflow with audio-only media: the visible effect was that the player would stop updating time controls at 2:32.
  • Added more sanity checks in ffmpeg support.

Network:
  • Reimplemented HTTP authentication to be more compliant. It should also fix a crash that happened when cancelling the authentication requester in some cases.
  • Added support for multipart contents.
  • Fixed potential crashes with data: URI handling.
  • Fixed an illegal memory access that would sometimes happen at exit, when FTP was used.

Spellchecker:
  • Misspelled words are now underlined in red instead of black.

Scripts:
  • Updated YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.js: fullscreen mode should work again. It also replaces all youtube links in right column so that the page is reloaded when clicking them, allowing the script to be executed again.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:57:02 PM by eliyahu »

Offline nicholas

Re: Odyssey Web Browser 1.21
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 10:14:45 AM »
The best keeps getting better.  Anyone else baffled at the slow pace of donations to the bounty compared to the Firefox one?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 01:18:55 PM »
Is it because people do not really realise how good this borswer is compared to firefix (which truly sucks these days, IE has over taken it ) and chrome.

Maybe people  think it will be like Ibrowse of Voyager ( always looked promising, I bought a Key for it, then dev jsut stopped with no further word)

Think we need to get some videos up to show its potenital ?
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline ajlwalker

• Show only replies by ajlwalker
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 08:41:51 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;754234
The best keeps getting better.  Anyone else baffled at the slow pace of donations to the bounty compared to the Firefox one?

Not really. It's Christmas coming up and maybe folks have other things to do with their money right now.

Maybe people are wondering why they have to donate in USD? My credit card adds a not insignificant charge for USD transactions. If I could pay in GBP, then it would be more efficient for the recipient to bunch up all the GBP and pay one transaction charge to whatever currency is desired. I'd rather the charge I would have to pay would go to the bounty as well.

And on a personal level, I am between jobs just now and can't justify paying money towards this when I have a wife and child. There's a lot of people struggling right now.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that in little under a month $3600 has been raised, and just before Christmas too. That is not bad going really.

I am currently waiting on word of a new job. If it comes through then I will look to put down 1% of the bounty.

Edit to add: I have just seen that you have to use paypal to donate. I will not use paypal. I know many people who refuse to use paypal. Perhaps this is putting a lot of people off too. Is there any other way to donate?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:45:35 PM by ajlwalker »

Offline ajlwalker

• Show only replies by ajlwalker
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 08:43:12 PM »
Quote from: JJ;754239
Is it because people do not really realise how good this borswer is compared to firefix (which truly sucks these days, IE has over taken it ) and chrome.

Maybe people  think it will be like Ibrowse of Voyager ( always looked promising, I bought a Key for it, then dev jsut stopped with no further word)

Think we need to get some videos up to show its potenital ?

I think this is an excellent suggestion. I have never seen this software working.

Offline pVC

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 08:43:48 AM »
Quote from: ajlwalker;754259
I think this is an excellent suggestion. I have never seen this software working.

There is one video at least. Two years old and features change, but still ;)

And here is a review about it from last summer. It has many screenshots... unfortunately in finnish, but maybe it gives some hints about its configurability :)

And some more in-depth video there.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:05:29 AM by pVC »
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 07:03:49 PM »
I would donate in a heart beat if they would port it to Classic Amigas.  It's just screaming for a new browser that doesn't take forever to load.  

Netsurf would do the trick, but it uses it's own UI elements and takes a long time to render anything, though once it's done it does wonders.

There was an old version of OWB for the classics, but it hasn't been updated in a long time, at least last time I checked.

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline Templario

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 12:31:12 PM »
Thanks Fab for this update of the best MorphOS' browser!
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9