Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I like amgiakit!  (Read 8693 times)

Description:

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
Re: The stuff ive actually brought of amigakit...
« on: July 10, 2006, 02:53:28 PM »
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=319&

Can someone explain this to me ?

Price rise ?, on a REFIRBISHED unit ???????
$548 ? and it doesnt have a SCSI unit, thats extra ?
Its ONLY A MK-II. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to buy *MY* MK-II ? for $600 ?  :madashell:  :madashell:  :madashell:
A4000D - CSMKII//128MB/IDE CF/Indivision Scandoubler
A1200
A1000

(And now a Minimig) :>)

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »

Marco wrote:
Dude, given the rarity of those cards I don't think the pricing is that unreasonable; expecially given how many of the accelerators that were produced have since died or developed faults.

If you want the price to drop, you can buy the rights to produce the designs from DCE and start your own production run. Until then expect price rises on these things to happen again in the future as they become even rarer.

Well i am glad you think its okay to artificially inflate a price of a "Refurbished" unit, he probably obtained for alot less on ebay and that he probably just doused with a blast of compressed air, Think about your comment next time you have to replace a piece of Amiga hardware cos it died, so lets start again.. MK-II, with 128MB of ram on offer here for US$850 plus postage.
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 08:39:58 AM »

Vincent wrote:
It's been inflated from $548 to $850 already?

I gotta start selling some miggy stuff myself before it bottoms out again :-P

Well lets face it, Winuae is now at a level where is pretty near perfect, or even SURPASSES the original amiga.

The Hardware is always going to be priced at a level of Supply and demand, meaning that its one thing Amigakit asking $548 for the processor card (and yes i am aware it has 128MB ram on it)but he has yet to sell it at that price. but in todays market, what would $548 buy, if its put toward a decent PC system, Its certainly going to buy more in a few weeks, with the iminent release of the Intel Conroe cores and the related AMD 30-50% price cut.

Finances depending, and hardware availability, I can smell a  dual CPU socket motherboard coming.. (Anyone say Quad core ?)
A1200
A1000