Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WarpOS, MMULib and 3.1.4  (Read 3144 times)

Description:

Offline my_pc_is_amigaTopic starter

WarpOS, MMULib and 3.1.4
« on: December 10, 2019, 03:50:34 AM »
Does WarpOS work with MMULib and 3.1.4 combination?   I'm hitting into some issues and so wondering if there is some warpos env. settings I need to change?

Re: WarpOS, MMULib and 3.1.4
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 06:58:43 AM »
In the tools directory of WarpOS, there is a command called "showinfo"   When I run this after MuGa is started in my startup, I get a crash.   But if I do a "showinfo" and then startup MuGa, all seems to be okay.   And running "showinfo" again after MuGa is started later it is okay as well.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 04:23:00 PM »
In the tools directory of WarpOS, there is a command called "showinfo"   When I run this after MuGa is started in my startup, I get a crash.   But if I do a "showinfo" and then startup MuGa, all seems to be okay.   And running "showinfo" again after MuGa is started later it is okay as well.

This I think is a better capture.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 06:36:27 AM »
Adding a capture now with the warpos debug=3 option turned on.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 01:39:44 AM »
Can anybody reproduce this hit or is it just my system?

Basically, I'm enabling MuForce and MuGuardianAngel in the startup-sequence after setpatch and then once workbench is loaded, I execute the "showinfo" from the WarpUP distribution (though anything that opens powerpc.library I think will cause a hit). 

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 05:26:01 PM »
This has to be per copy   I actually  bought 3 licenses

2. Permitted Uses and Restrictions.  This License allows you to install and use the AmigaOS on a single computer at a time. This License does not allow the AmigaOS to exist on more than one computer at a time.

I assume there are some beta testers that have ppc cards.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 08:12:40 PM »
To bring back to topic this can be tried with 3.1 os/roms if you can kolla

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 07:25:01 AM »
I was trying to see if I could narrow down where it is coming from but haven't yet. 
I did try to load up OS3.9 with warpos with MuGa enabled before showinfo and there I haven't seen a hit yet. 

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 08:17:34 PM »
To bring it back to topic---has anybody with a PPC card on the classic been able to reproduce this hit?
I'm just wondering if it is my system, or something software issue related with WarpUp?

Can anybody reproduce this hit or is it just my system?

Basically, I'm enabling MuForce and MuGuardianAngel in the startup-sequence after setpatch and then once workbench is loaded, I execute the "showinfo" from the WarpUP distribution (though anything that opens powerpc.library I think will cause a hit).