Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Howdo  (Read 1669 times)

Description:

Offline WiffleplopTopic starter

• Show only replies by Wiffleplop
Howdo
« on: July 07, 2014, 12:14:51 PM »
Hi from formerly Great Britain - a lapsed graphics artist and (rubbish) game designer from back in the days of the C64, A500 and ST1040, and even one game on the Megadrive fer goodness sakes!

After a couple of years of doing all that, I packed it in and got a "proper job", mainly because I realised that I wasn't good enough to compete with the upcoming artists that had the skills to take advantage of the better graphics that Amigas and their successors would be bringing to the gaming party.  Did the house buying thing, found someone daft enough to settle down with me and had a baby, who is a fine figure of a lad at 4 years old now (very proud of him) :)

I happened on an auction for a ZX81 a short while back and suddenly I find myself in possession of 2 ZX81s, a ZX Spectrum (48k), and an Amiga A1200.  How did that happen???

Please be warned that the foolishness of my questions is limited only by my ability to stay awake.  I'm a noob at this retro-computing lark, know nothing about electronicals, but like to fiddle about with them anyway.  Please be patient with me ;)

My current spec on the Amiga
A1200, Indivision AGA Mk.2CR, re-capped, A600 PSU, new keyboard, CF HDD module awaiting new header pins that got melted by cap leakage. :(
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:19:12 PM by Wiffleplop »

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
Re: Howdo
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 01:23:35 PM »
@Wiffleplop

welcome to amiga.org! :)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Darin

• Show only replies by Darin
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:47:08 PM »
@Wiffleplop

Welcome to amiga.org!  :-)

Nice collection of systems you have.

Offline anachronicus

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by anachronicus
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 02:36:24 AM »
Wiffleplop, as they say in my Texas hometown Howdy neighbor! Pull up a chair and sit a spell, make yourself at home.  Have a nice beverage of your choice and let's all enjoy our retro-addiction together. :)
Anachronicus
-------------------
A1200 Power tower/ZIV busboard cybervision 3d mkii
A1200 ACA 1231, Indivision MK2 AGA
AT 4000T, missing cpu card, working condition unknown
A500 with scant signs of life
CUSA C64x Deluxe
Various and sundry Windows boxes

Offline WiffleplopTopic starter

• Show only replies by Wiffleplop
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:55:18 AM »
Thanks guys  - won an Atari 800xl on eBay the other night too, so my collection is growing :) I also re-soldered my IDE header yesterday too, so have finally been able to have a play around with my Amiga. Sad to say, I remember nothing :(

Will post a thread about a boot problem I'm having too. A couple of fonts aren't loading, and I get a Roguedevice error, which I can't seem to find a damn thing about on Google :confused: