Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New around the block...  (Read 1181 times)

Description:

Offline MozellTopic starter

• Show only replies by Mozell
    • http://www.nirc-online.eu.tf
New around the block...
« on: January 25, 2006, 11:44:44 AM »
Hi,

Been away from Amiga scene for meny years. I had this urge a few days ago to watch some old demos and play some nice gooood'ol games like, ports of call, rick dangerrous, Nitro etc etc...

I used to be a coder, and the latest demo group i wash in i think was Scoopex. The norwegian HQ. We did not manage to do anything special before i was taken by girls and booze...lol...

So yesterday i started up WinUAE and got to install WB and and kickstarted just fine...

So, watched some demos and tryed do DL some games, but then i suddenly came across a thing called WDHLOAD installer package. What is this? i have to pay so i can install a game on my Virtual harddrive?? ..hmm.. Any comments on this anyone? ...ohh well..

:)

Anyhow.. its great to see that the amiga community is still alive and kicking... Got a lot to do with my workbench i see form different screenshots around here... lol

well, enough rambling form me now...

Cya all!

Best regards!
Mozell

Offline 4pLaY

• Show only replies by 4pLaY
    • https://www.amigalife.org
Re: New around the block...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 11:50:36 AM »
nice to see another norwegian around here =) what part of the country are you from? :) you should check out polarboing.com where a lot of the remaining .no Amigans hand around =) and of course EFnet #amigano if your into the whole IRC thing.

Offline madsjm

• Show only replies by madsjm
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 11:51:35 AM »
I think that WHDLoad is more useful on a real Amiga, because it's so easy to manage and switch virtual floppies (.adf files) in UAE.  :-)

I have paid for WHDLoad myself, it's very comfortable not having to deal with floppy disks on my real Amiga, but I wouldn't have bought it if I only used UAE.
One could argue that it's strange to pay for hd installations for games which you already own, but the WHDLoad developers are doing it on their own spare time, and the registration fee isn't much.

By the way.. Do you want to get back into democoding?  :-D

Offline amigakit

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 12:01:52 PM »
Welcome back to the Amiga scene and Amiga.org!
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline MozellTopic starter

• Show only replies by Mozell
    • http://www.nirc-online.eu.tf
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:15:16 AM »

thanks for all warm welcomin' and a great explanation of the the whole WHDload thing... Its just that i tryed to grab a few games, and then it seemd i had to buy it so i could install or even download...well... my i just missed out on something... :)

Getting in to demo coding again? ..well, I can't even remmber the basics around the amiga yet.. so ... maybe in the future tho...Right now im to busi in the PC Rally Sim world... hosting races etc..

But you'll never now...  :-D