Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 871 times)

Description:

Offline STeADiTopic starter

• Show only replies by STeADi
Hello!
« on: January 23, 2006, 01:21:16 PM »
Hello there

I thought it was about time I finally got round to saying hello.  I too lurk around the forums having a read and I signed up a couple of months back but never got around to posting.

I've particularly read with interest the thread

"Where could I get a microA1 ?"

which I shall explain why in a minute.

I'm a long time Amiga user but have to be honest that I haven't done much recently.  I've had for many years no a desktop Amiga 4000 that I put into a PC case (and for a while had a PC running inside the same case).  It's an 040/40 through the use of a Warpengine and also I have a Picasso IV in it.  I did use to write for the Amiga (but in hindsight they probably weren't up to much :cry: ).

Back in probably around about 2000 I ordered an Amiga 1200 Blizzard PPC based machine (can't remember the actual spec) with a BVision graphx card from Eyetech (hence my interest in the thread I mentioned).  I had a number of problems with the system, particularly the PPC board and it was sent back a couple of times.  Eventually I never got it back and I was promised an AmigaOne.  This all took place over a very long time and I still haven't got a system even though my money was taken.  The machine has never been used and all it's missing is a PPC card (or my £1300 I spent on the thing).  I've emailed Eyetech previously about things too but I think I've now accepted the fact that I threw a lot of money down the drain.

Nowadays though I still have that A1200, my A4000 and a CD32.  I'm also using WinUAE on my PC too.

I'll stop waffling now.  :-D

Offline AmiDude

• Show only replies by AmiDude
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 01:44:25 PM »
Welcome dude!
 :-)

Offline amigakit

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 01:53:33 PM »
Welcome to Amiga.org!
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline justthatgood

• Show only replies by justthatgood
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 01:59:20 PM »
Welcome, welcome.

Please keep all pointed objects at least 1 meter from other peoples faces. Make sure to brush your teeth, eat your veggies, read all fine print, hug a tree, save a whale, sing, be happy, license and keys not include, subject to credit approval.
[color=008000]Pluto[/color]:Amiga4KD- 64040/16megs/1GB WD/PAR 2150/1942/WB3.0,3.1,3.9
[color=800080]Amanda[/color]:Amiga2KHD/A2620/8MegSupraRam2k/A2091/VLab