Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Several PPC cards on Amibench  (Read 33003 times)

Description:

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
Re: Several PPC cards on Amibench
« Reply #689 from previous page: June 17, 2004, 02:14:55 AM »
Hey guys. So any news :-?
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline Morley

• Show only replies by Morley
« Reply #690 on: June 19, 2004, 05:42:42 PM »

Acill wrote:

Morley wrote:

Remember, -Germany is definetly _not_ a banana republic, I would be very surprised if mr. Binder or whoever he is gets away with this in the end. Maybe he has spent all your money and it can't be recovered, but at least he'll get busted.

Dont be so quick to assume. DCE has got away with the exact same thing, only in reverse. They took cards and never fixed them and kept them all. The numbers they have is far more money then these 10 cards you all are talking of. I know of 25 from Software Hut here in the US alone. I sent a letter out myself to the local police in DCE's town and got nothing back other then asking for more information, and then nothing again.

Uargh...why is it always really big bad guys that always get away? The german police never forget about my speeding-tickets...two more and I'll loose my permit to drive in Germany  :lol:
Lame signature removed by moderator.

Offline Naeem

• Show only replies by Naeem
« Reply #691 on: June 19, 2004, 09:14:25 PM »
any one kicked his butt yet?

Its the lowest of the low, caniving money out of vulnerable, easily-led, weak-minded techies, otherwise known as Amigans :-)

Next I think we should go after Eyetech and those AmigaONE dudes :-)

Only kidding I am totally pro-A1, though I dont like the restrictions placed on us, I can appreciate how they came to be.

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #692 on: June 24, 2004, 01:45:47 PM »
So we are just going to sit back and let this geezer get away with this mass murder?! :pissed:
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline Morley

• Show only replies by Morley
« Reply #693 on: June 24, 2004, 05:21:18 PM »

CU_AMiGA wrote:
So we are just going to sit back and let this geezer get away with this mass murder?! :pissed:

Don't sit back. Call the police in Albstadt every day and ask them what is happening. Pester them. Every bl**dy day.

If you act like you don't care, (ie. send a letter and then  just do the waiting game), they're gonna put the case in a drawer and forget about it. You _have_ to be annoying in order to get them to work on a headache
 like this case.
Lame signature removed by moderator.

Offline CU_AMiGA

« Reply #694 on: June 25, 2004, 02:28:13 PM »
I think somone has already rang the police. I think we should get a member living in Germany to pay Bernd a visit. I am fed up of playing the good guy.

Offline sir_inferno

• Show only replies by sir_inferno
« Reply #695 on: July 03, 2004, 09:27:44 PM »

Morley wrote:

CU_AMiGA wrote:

Don't sit back. Call the police in Albstadt every day and ask them what is happening. Pester them. Every bl**dy day.

If you act like you don't care, (ie. send a letter and then  just do the waiting game), they're gonna put the case in a drawer and forget about it. You _have_ to be annoying in order to get them to work on a headache
 like this case.

i agree

sorry, very sorry, i'm really really very sorry, i just had to  :bump:

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #696 on: July 27, 2004, 06:37:52 PM »
@all:

Any news? :-)

I've checked the status of the eBay username "kralle900" and he is no longer a registered user.

Offline CU_AMiGA

« Reply #697 on: July 28, 2004, 03:10:49 PM »
This is a joke isn't it? :-(

I have had enough of this nonsense. If anyone is living in Germany then PLEASE visit this address and demand where the hell our PPC cards are (and while you're at it, give him a black eye from me), it is the only option i can see now:

Bernd Binder
Heusteigstr. 35
72461 Albstadt
Germany

If this address gets deleted for whatever stupid nonsense or whatever (couldn't think why though cos this asshole has made monkeys out of all of us) then please pmail/email me.

Offline Acill

« Reply #698 on: July 28, 2004, 03:16:24 PM »
Still no resolve to this case? Wow, not thats a total shame. I agree with all of you. Someone needs to take a trip to his address, We have several regular German users here dont we?
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #699 on: July 28, 2004, 03:18:42 PM »
Maybe we should all chip in for the expenses, that is if someone from Germany is willing to visit Bernd, and has to travel a certain distance.

Offline CU_AMiGA

« Reply #700 on: July 28, 2004, 03:23:48 PM »
Certainly. Seriously guys, this maybe ugliest way of handling things, but what chance have we got, we have no other options here. There was a German poster on this topic, i will hunt around and send him a PM.

Offline CU_AMiGA

« Reply #701 on: July 28, 2004, 03:36:01 PM »
Okay PM him with address and link to this thread. Lets hope he replies.

Cheers,

Offline JaXanim

• Show only replies by JaXanim
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com/waveguide/home.html
« Reply #702 on: July 28, 2004, 06:20:33 PM »
@all concerned

Getting someone (?) to go to Albstadt and give Binder a thumping may seem like a satisfactory way to deal with this issue. It would however, be just as illegal as the fraud he's purpetrated on us. In fact it might be regarded as a much more serious offence and anyone of you conspiring to cause him bodily harm might well end up an even bigger loser. Criminals are very streetwise when it comes to self-preservation and their victims often come off worst in any court action they bring. I have no doubt he would do that if someone injured him.

Please don't include me in any such plan.

I would suggest a visit to Albstsdt Police is the first thing to do by our 'local representative' (?)

Anyway, regular readers may remember me contacting the EU Fraud Department in Brussels (OLAF) some weeks ago. Well, by coincidence, I got a reply yesterday.

As might be expected, they aren't interested in this case. They said:

'Your case is not within the 'legal competance' of OLAF, whose responsibility is to protect the financial interests of the EU.'

So, they'll look after financial institutions and their billions, but individuals can get stuffed.

No surprises there then and a good example of why I voted for UKIP in the recent euro elections.

Cheers,

JaX

Be inspired! It\\\'s back!

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #703 on: July 28, 2004, 08:48:37 PM »
I had a similar problem in South Africa with a very unscrupulous Amiga distributor back in the days when the A600 had just been released. I paid him a deposit and he imported the machine for me.
Well I got jerked around because he sold me a US A600 with a HUGE homemade hashed transformer connected to the powersupply. I said I wanted a standard UK powersupply, he messed me around for weeks promising it had been ordered, and in the end I took the A600 back and paid him the difference on a B2000.
But there was a problem with the ROMs and manuals (some missing) and when I opened the machine I could see he had put old second-hand ROMs in there. The legs were bent and scratched, and there was non-standard kit in there. So then we played this same game of phone calls, excuses, empty promises, and in the end my patience ran out.

We paid a friendly visit to the guy one night when the whole family was there and said we would not move from the premises until a refund was given (for the whole setup) or the proper ROMs and manuals were handed over. No discussing, no physical stuff, just hanging around menacingly at the front door, that sort of thing.
The guy in the end opened a brand new Workbench 2.04 kit and I got the ROMs and manuals from that. Never dealt with him again.

In another incident involving a well-known electronics chain here in the UK, a friend of mine got a VHS that chewed the very first tape he played and then would do nothing but fast forward with any other tape. There was a weird smell of burning components from inside the machine. They took it back to the store and said 'It's busted, it chewed a tape, we want a refund or a replacement.'
The store lady said she was sorry but there were no more of those models left and she could give a replacement but not a refund since it could not be proved that the machine was not damaged by my mate's tape. He said tapes don't make components burn in the machine and wanted to speak to the manager. She said she was sorry but the manager was away on an important workshop and would they like the replacement machine (and offered him a unit that was less spec and cheaper than the one that died). Of course my mate refused and said he wanted the equivalent or a refund. She said he could only have one the same value or less, and as there wasn't one the same value left, he must accept the lower model.
Well, he walked out of the store and waited just outside on the pavement. Every customer who wanted to come into the store, he turned around, shouting loudly : 'Don't buy from XXXXXX, they ripped me off and won't give me a refund.' This went on for only half an hour, with about 8 customers turned away. All of a sudden the manager (who had mysteriously returned early from his course) appeared and offered my mate some tea in his office. My mate got a VHS twice the value of the busted one, and some biscuits and a very polite apology for his suboptimal shopping experience at XXXXXX.

A pity you don't have contacts near where this Binder is, 'cos it would be nice especially in a small town for a few chaps to carry a few signs saying 'Binder is a rip-off' or 'Binder is a thief' kind of like a picket outside his house.

You can't get done for that. What's he going to do, call the police? What's he going to say? If he says the stuff has been sent, you can show the police the receipts and ask Binder to track them. I think as long as Binder isn't personally inconvenienced, you guys will get nothing.
But if it was me involved, I'd be taking a little holiday to Germany and there would be a few sandwich boards made when I got there...

Offline Orjan

• Show only replies by Orjan
« Reply #704 on: July 28, 2004, 09:39:01 PM »

So you wanna go Ghandi on his ass? :)

( Passive resistance )
\\"Memory is like an orgasm. It\\\'s a lot better if you don\\\'t have to fake it.\\"
- Seymore Cray, on virtual memory.