Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Several PPC cards on Amibench  (Read 33673 times)

Description:

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
Re: Several PPC cards on Amibench
« on: March 03, 2004, 07:15:55 PM »
Guys, I've ordered and payed for the BPPC 060@50Mhz - 603e@240Mhz + SCSI version and he is about to send it. I used paypal to pay. He said he can only accept non credit card payments. I sure hope he didn't sell this card to someone else too, because if he did...I will be in the same situation as I was before (I was one of the 2 guys who got scammed for the BPPC sale from the guy in the UK).

So far I've been getting replies regulary from the seller, but we will see what happens. If I get scammed again I'll probably stick to eBay from now on, and pay premium prices, but have  better security and assurance that the seller is legit. I know, eBay is not 100% safe either, but much safer than Amibench and private sales, that's for sure.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 09:14:24 PM »
To be honest,

it's not a good idea. But, I am in a need of a BPPC card, and I realize that the deal is very good, and the risk is very high, but I am willing to take it as if this turns out to be OK I will get a great bargain, as prices are way bigger than what he's asking for the listed hardware. It's very tricky to decide what to do. If you wait for too long he may sell it to someone else, if he's for real that is, but it could also save you from being scammed...

I can only tell you that he will wait for the money to be deposited to his bank account before he sends the card, so if you pay today, 5 days later or so when he sees the money in his bank account he will send the card (approximately), as he is new to paypal and doesn't rely simply on what he sees in his paypal account balance, but wants to phisically have it in his bank. That is what he is doing right now with my payment. Extremely fishy, but, we will see what happens. I am willing to take the risk this one last time. :-)

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 10:10:36 PM »
No problem. I will post regular updates as to what happens with this deal.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 06:41:48 PM »
WesternUnion is good only if you are sending money to a relative, or something. :-)
Also, their fee schedule is simply INSANE.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 07:02:24 PM »
I received an e-mail today that the money successfully transfered from PayPal to his german bank account and that he sent out the card today.

I will keep everyone posted on what happens.

edit: I ordered a BPPC 240/060 w/SCSI on it.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 07:15:20 PM »
So he has more than 1 of those? Either that or...scam?  :-?

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 07:42:11 PM »
I think that what he does is wait for the money to get 100% transferred to his bank account and then sends the cards. He did this with me anyway, as he said that he never used PayPal before and wanted to make sure that I don't retreive the money somehow after he sent the card by mail, so he basically wanted to actually SEE the money in his bank account before sending anything out. Fishy, fishy, fishy...but we'll see.

My estimate is that he is only about now probably sending out cards to buyers, that is if he's legit.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 04:46:21 PM »
Mine went out a few days ago, but since I'm from Canada and the package is arriving from Germany, it could be around 2-3 weeks of waiting before I see it. Sometimes earlier (1 week), but on a rare occasion.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 08:32:01 PM »
My card has only had 3 business days of shipping time so far, so if I'm lucky I will receive it on Friday, earliest. Realistically, it should get here (assuming this is not a scam) sometime mid-next week. I'll post more updates.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 09:25:22 PM »
About my BPPC order.

I will start panicing only if I don't receive it within 3 weeks. So far, it's been in transit for 5 business days. Still too early to jump to conclusions, as the card was shipped from Germany and I'm in Canada.

I hope things go alright. Can't wait to see if someone actually makes a post with a confirmation of receival. :-)

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 04:30:10 PM »
@CU_AMiGA:

I sure hope you are right. :-)

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 04:49:19 PM »
@CU_AMiGA:

You know it makes sense. :-)

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 05:12:12 PM »
@CU_AMiGA:

He's a saucey little git. Ere, put a kettle on. :-)

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 05:01:22 PM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but I was quoted 10-14 business days until the item arrives to Canada. So far it's only been 7.

Too early to worry seriously on my end, but I don't know about how long it should take for orders within Europe to be delivered. I suggest e-mailing him and asking for an estimate.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 04:48:33 PM »
Nothing yet over here either. I am slowly starting to get worried. However I will not panic just yet. I'll save that until the end of the week.

It's normal that I haven't received anything yet, but how come no one in Europe received their goods by now? :-?