Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Problems with Mediator TX and Spider II Card  (Read 980 times)

Description:

Offline bubbaTopic starter

• Show only replies by bubba
Problems with Mediator TX and Spider II Card
« on: December 30, 2012, 03:13:50 AM »
I've been performing a major overhaul on my A1200 Tower including:  upgrading mediator 1200SX to TX, adding a Radeon 9200 PCI, and adding a AHI soundcard.  I already have a Voodoo 3 and Ethernet.  

I first upgrade the board from the SX to TX, reinstalled the Vodoo3 (slot 3) and ethernet (slot 1) then installed the latest PCI drivers from the MM 2.1 CD. (v9.7 of PCI.library).  I incrementally added to new cards without any problems.  Unfortunately, when I added the Spider II I started to experience a hang while booting.  I can hear the disk as it starts to run the start-up sequence, but then it hangs.  It will boot with the start-up sequence disabled, but the it will lock-up if I run pciinfo.  It will successfully boot on occasion, less than 10% of the time, and I see the card when I run pciinfo.  Weird.

I've tried moving the cards to around in different slots and even tried with just the Voodoo 3 in slot 3 and the Spider in slot 6.  I cleaned contacts, check cables, and reseated cards numberous times. No luck.

It feels like the Spider Card might be bad.  I bought it a few months ago directly from elbox, but didn't get around to installing it until this week.

I appreciate any help folks might be able to give me.  My set-up is as follows:

A1200 MB rev. 2B
Phase 5 Blizzard 1230 IV/6882 + SCSI  + 64MB ram
SCSI Chain:  CD ROM (id0), 9GB HD (id1), Multi-Card Reader (id2+termination)
Mediator 1200TX: Ethernet (slot1), empty (slot 2), Voodoo 3 (slot3), Sound Card (slot4), Radeon 9200 (slot 6).

I'd like to place the Spider in slot 5.

Thanks for the help!

Bubba

Offline Bamiga2002

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
Re: Problems with Mediator TX and Spider II Card
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 10:26:35 AM »
Have you tried install instructions on this post?
CD32
A500

Offline bubbaTopic starter

• Show only replies by bubba
Re: Problems with Mediator TX and Spider II Card
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:55:49 PM »
Yes I tried these instructions.  I am also having a problem with my Radeon 9200.  The 9200 does display screens, but they always appear with random vertical lines and random pixels set.

My vacation is over, so I gave up on the Spider and the Radeon and put the tower back together.  I may try to get another Radeon to test with since they are pretty cheap.  If it doesn't work, then maybe my Mediator is flaky.