Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay sucks!  (Read 6830 times)

Description:

Offline gdankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by gdanko
Re: eBay sucks!
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 03:55:29 PM »

Tahoe wrote:

gdanko wrote:

I am here to help the community.. not make tons of money on stuff that I know is hard to come by and at the same time in big demand.

Wanna help? Sell me that A3500  :-D   :laughing:   :knuddel:

No!

Re: You have to wonder...
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 04:00:27 PM »

LoadWB wrote:
There's an A2500 on eBay right now.  It was re-listed after not selling the first time for $99.95.  Now the seller has this:

I will not let this fabulous Amiga 2500 go for less then $99.95.  If it does not sell this time, I will just smash it up and throw it in the dumpster.  So, if you want this computer, bid on it.  The first time that I listed this Amiga 2500 computer 1317 people viewed it.  So, I know that this is a very desirable computer.  It is very clean and works great.

Personally, I don't think anything like this needs to be said.  I've re-listed items before because they didn't sell.  Sometimes the right buyer doesn't come around the first time.  No big deal.  I understand this guy probably doesn't want to keep hanging on to this unit and is ready to chuck it -- it doesn't need to be said.  And 1317 people were watching it, probably like me to see that it wouldn't sell for the $100 he was asking -- that doesn't need to be said either.  In short, don't chastise us because we didn't buy; just keep your attitude to yourself, re-list, and maybe the right buyer will come along.  Someone's bid on it this time, so good for you.

To me, this guy isn't in it for the Amiga so much as for the money.  If he was really trying to sell it to someone for the love of the machine, he'd let it go for less or at least not {bleep} about not getting $100 for it the first time.  Again, demand sets the market, and the first time there was no demand.  Now there is.

We should collectively contact this character and ask him why he is willing to destroy this 2500! I have emailed him. Based on the name of the seller, this appears to be a business. Why would a business owner destroy their inventory if if doesn't sell for the desired price? Sounds like a tantrum if you ask me!

Offline joekster

• Show only replies by joekster
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 04:03:17 PM »
I contacted the seller when the item was first listed... He had removed the accelerator card so now its really an A2000HD. Be warened! - this guy is bad news...

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 04:10:20 PM »

joekster wrote:
I contacted the seller when the item was first listed... He had removed the accelerator card so now its really an A2000HD. Be warened! - this guy is bad news...

Does he not realize the badge does not make it a 2500, the accelerator does!

Offline swift240

• Show only replies by swift240
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 04:17:24 PM »
The one thing that pisses me off is when you put in an auction UK only.
Will not post to other parts of the world.

Then you get some idiot usually from the USA and France for some reason asking how much will the postage be to the US or to France.

READ you thick f**k.  It states UK only, hello, ohhhh hello.
Read the bloody screen you dumb t**t.

eBay is good and eBay is bad, it could be better for sure.
It has had bad press on the TV over here for its incompetence, and the management for its total lack of care to its users.

With eBay you take a chance, its up the the buyer to take that chance, usually things are pretty much ok.
Its the odd a**wipe that will take advantage.

Mike.

Amiga 1200, 82gb HD, 4 way IDE\'97, DVD Multi-Recorder, OS3.9, BB1,BB2, Apollo Turbo MkII 030/40, 32meg Fastram, 4Gb CF card PCMCIA slot, IDE CF card adaptor 4Gb CF card, HP 810C, Alba HDTV, Converted PC PSU. C128, C64, C16, Plus4, 1701, 1570, 1541MkII, ARP6.0,KCS Power Cart, FreezeFrame MK3B, Freeze Machine, Simons Basic,  PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3 HDMI and 1TB HD+ 80gb USB HD, PS3 TV add on, Sound Surround speakers for PS2,PS3,PC, and Amiga Amazing so

Offline Fester

• Show only replies by Fester
    • http://www.rdmsnippets.com
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 06:06:05 PM »

joekster wrote:

He should state that in the auction. The 2500 isn't a 2500 without the accelerator. But since he doesn't mention the card at all, I wouldn't expect to find it there if I bid and won the auction.

Secondly, he has ZERO feedback. That's what made me think he was new to eBay. Can't expect this Amiga to be well packaged and in good condition upon arrival.

Well, even so. It's old hardware. It's 100 bucks. Some pay more for dinner and a movie.

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 08:37:13 PM »
Exhibit A: HGC Sales... Hans George Campbell??
Exhibit B: City of Roses is Portland, OR.. close to Doomy..
Exhibit C: Removing the accelerator

This smells of Doomy!

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 09:10:34 PM »
Confirmed...

Hans Campbell to me

What the hell are you talking about?  Look, if you do not stop harassing me I will inform eBay about it.

----- Original Message -----
To: hgcsales@comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: Question for item #320153456488 - Commodore Amiga 2500 Computer with Keyboard and Manual

Dear hgcsales,

Oh hiya Doomy. Glad to see you are back on eBay and abusive to your customers!

Offline hamtronix

• Show only replies by hamtronix
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 09:43:20 PM »

gdanko wrote:
Confirmed...

Hans Campbell to me
   !

My Hans is on the Fritz!!
CD TV / Remote / Trackball Remote / Keyboard / CDTV 1411 External Drive / C= 1405 256K RAM / Smell the fear!

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 10:16:01 PM »
Well, at least he's taking PayPal now ;-)

[EDIT]:  Err, nope, apparently I can't read.  And the fact that he doesn't know the difference between "then" and "than" might be an additional exhibit.

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 10:20:25 PM »
If I sound like I was badmouthing the guy I apologize. I just don't want to see anyone taken advantage of. :/

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2007, 10:24:46 PM »
ebay is great if you're going for max money..if i ebay stuff thats what its usually for.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2007, 10:28:11 PM »
swift240 wrote:
The one thing that pisses me off is when you put in an auction UK only.
Will not post to other parts of the world.

Then you get some idiot usually from the USA and France for some reason asking how much will the postage be to the US or to France.

I understand the idea behind the policy, but I have had people say that shipping will be too much.  Well, if I'm willing to pay the shipping, isn't it I who would say if it would be too much for me to buy?  Now, perhaps shipping internationally is too much of a PITA, I can dig that.

When I sell I list North America only, and when I receive an international inquiry I inform the prospect that shipping will be more expensive due to cost as well as the time I need to take to fill out custom forms and what-not.  Sometimes they say never mind, and other times they're okay with it.  I have had several pleasant sales with this policy.

And you UKites can't horde all of the A500+ systems, darnit! :-P

Offline jimbo100

• Show only replies by jimbo100
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2007, 12:17:41 AM »
I find it highly annoying when people say they won't ship internationally.  It's no harder than shipping locally.  Cost should never be an issue because the buyer pays and as for filling in custom forms it takes all of 30 seconds!!

I have had many sales from all over the world but I have found the US people to be the most difficult and the ones who like to over inflat the postage!  It appears our US brothers are a tad greedy!

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2007, 12:55:44 AM »
ebay is great if you're going for max money..if i ebay stuff thats what its usually for.

Of course everyone wants max money.  The only people that do not want max money are the filthy rich or people who are too busy to try to get the max money by setting up ebay auctions!

Bottom line is, if you just want to make some room and want to help the community (of the item you are selling) you will post a free ad to give your item to anyone who wants it.  (like market place on here or Craigls List, etc)

Problem is the people who do end up getting it will part it out and sell it on ebay...

That's why eBay sucks!!!  But you have to remember the reason it sucks is because of the people.  Those type of people suck.  eBay is a tool.  If you use it right it's great (finding rare vintage Amiga goodies) but it can royally suck (resellers parting and hiking up prices just to make an extra greenback)
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #44 from previous page: September 05, 2007, 01:34:12 AM »
jimbo100 wrote:
I have had many sales from all over the world but I have found the US people to be the most difficult and the ones who like to over inflat the postage!  It appears our US brothers are a tad greedy!

We're just cranky 'cuz of PATRIOT and the US$ being in the $hitter.