Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga world what's going on?  (Read 3970 times)

Description:

Offline Blomberg

• Show only replies by Blomberg
Re: Amiga world what's going on?
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 21, 2003, 03:00:04 PM »
but this element of suspense did not and doesn't today exist in the BeOS world.
Oh, I don't know about that, there seems to be some people in the BeOS community (including one who runs a major news-site) who are intent on bringing one of the new BeOS initiatives down.
I haven't been in the BeOS community for a long time and i'm sort of watching it from the outside atm, but the first thing that struck me was the above mentioned and the fact that the still unreleased so-called successor to the BeOS claims to be done 'When It's Done' ... deja vu, anyone?

Offline Stimpzilla

• Show only replies by Stimpzilla
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2003, 03:12:09 PM »
It's times like this, what with the current hubbub, plus all other previous incarnations of the whole "I hate your system, you're biased against mine, etc. etc." mess, that I have to remember I can't be the only reasonable Amiga user still around.

I have a 1200T, 030/40, 34Mb RAM, 4Gb HD, CD Writer.

I can manage my finances, go on the internet, and a few other things besides. It does me OK, I can't afford a Windows box, but if / when I get several hundred quid together, I'm interested in an A1/OS4. I have nothing against the Pegasos or MOS, and if someone wants to get that, that's their choice. I have no problem with it. It's just that I'm more interested in OS4.

I know peeps round here have been wound up for years now over the general post-Commodore era, but It would be nice if people relaxed a little. Promising things seem to be happening again, even more so than at various other stages post-CBM.

If only my near-inhuman levels of patience was't so near-inhuman  ;-)

Stimpy, still waiting
=====
What rolls down stairs,
alone or in pairs,
Rolls over your neighbours\\\' dog?
What fits on your back,
and it\\\'s great for a snack,
it\\\'s Log! Log! Log!

Lo-og, Lo-og
Its big! It\\\'s Heavy! It\\\'s Wood!
Lo-og, Lo-og
It\\\'s better than bad - It\\\'s Good!

Offline ritty

• Show only replies by ritty
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2003, 05:57:08 PM »
ritty9@hotmail.com        McNorris :  You have read more minds and hearts of Amigans then any of the princples in the "amiga" management then you can know .  Very good . I f you ever decide to bring your idea to reality... please remember us 3-D and graphic artists ... thank you. Ritty.

Offline McNorrisTopic starter

• Show only replies by McNorris
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2003, 08:38:15 PM »
So where else are you going to get as much entertainment before, during, and especially after spending your money?

I guess that is the only way to keep things lite.
I keep that in mind, but I think the idea of the amiga/morph people is to sell me something...

My next machine will probobly be a Powerbook. That idea doesn't purely discust me, but...

I wish the Amiga side had something I could feel good about.

I'll keep what you said in mind, but my wallet in my pocket.  :-D  :-(
Where to get the news that matters...
http://www.theonion.com...

Offline KrasH

• Show only replies by KrasH
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2003, 11:33:37 PM »
I've been an Amiga user since 1989. I'm also a VP for a local Amiga user group, but I am in limbo when it comes to Amiga's. I still have them in the house and My A4000 with cyberstorm PPC is constantly on, but I don't use it that much. However, I do have 4 PC boxes all with Windblows XP and an iBook and I find myself using the XP boxes on a regular basis. I have one for games only (If I use it for more, trouble will start to surface), use another for all my internet stuff (WWW and email). Use the oldest one I have as a gateway with zonealarm as a firewall. and the 4th one is used by my brother.

I am certainly reluctant to get rid of any of my 6 Amiga's. 2 x Amiga 500's. 3 x A1200's (One with 030, other with 060, one basic), Amiga 4000 and an A1000. Like I said before the only one used regularly (although rarely) is the A4000. I use it mainly for IRC (which I rarely do anymore) and I used it the other day to solve the MSblast.exe virus problem by getting info off the net, which I ended up solving with Dopus 6 for windblows. Just renamed the MSblast.exe to crap.txt and the virus program was able to get rid of it ;) Anyways, the A4000 will still get used. If/when AOS 4 comes out, I am sure that I will end up getting it for the A4000 and possibly even an AmigaOne. Oh well.. Only time will tell.
Amiga 4000 CSPPC [retired]
Intel i7 3930K @ 4.3Ghz / Corsair H100 / Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 16 GB / 2 x 240GB Corsair Force GT SSD / 2 x EVGA 2GB 680GTX SC Sig / 3 x Benq XL2420T / 1 x Samsung 2443 BW+
27" iMac / i7 @ 3.4 / 680mx / 3TB Fusion / 32GB RAM

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2003, 11:48:43 PM »
McNorris: Can't really tell what you shoudl do but I have used more
Amiga programs in last months than on previous 7 years (since I had to
part form A3000)...

For me emulators (I do have Amigaforever CD) didn't feel the right way
to go, so rather than playing with it I moved away all the way. Now..
I have been using this thing, that to some aren't Amiga enough, but to
me it's something nice and familiar. (not claiming perfect.. but not
too bad either).