Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AEROS for Pi beta7 available for registered users  (Read 1243 times)

Description:

phoenixkonsole

AEROS for Pi beta7 available for registered users
« on: January 05, 2014, 05:26:31 PM »
Most important news:
It comes with 2D HW accelerated X11. No more black tearing if you move windows and accelerated scrolling.

(i tried to make a rc1 but the new system files where broken, so i had to reverse some steps which cost a half day - record to myself: "test before copy".

Meanwhile, i am ready with beta7, i got new fixed system files which will be part of a later version, it should fix a problem with fullscreen games (same as in IcAROS WIP).

Here you can find new screenshots from latest beta:
http://www.aeros-os.org/photos/files/page2-1034-full.html

Click on next to go further (previous shows older stuff from i386 and Broadway)

Changelog for beta7:
Updated Linux system(thanks to dwyloc for the info)
- 2D accelerated window movement and scrolling (no black tearing anymore, faster)
added XBMC
- Access rPi GPU directly - after Exiting you need to press ctrl+alt+f2 and then ctrl+alt+f7 to get back to Wanderer-Screen
- Fixed disordered icons
- removed empty folders
- removed ._-files
- removed crashing stuff
- fixed ejecting external media from Linux-filemanager wich was broken
- added scrot command to take screenshots from shell
- cleaned some icons (fragments from nightly)

Registered users can get it from download page on http://www.aeros-os.org
EDIT!!! Nope..need to  reupload. Will take 3hours and should be ready and 19:30 german time.

Public release follows.

Offline Methanoid

• Show only replies by Methanoid
Re: AEROS for Pi beta7 available for registered users
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:54:44 PM »
Nice... did I see "added XBMC" hidden in the text... That's pretty handy...  I could see me using this as main Pi OS and with XBMC and emulators called from AEROS...

phoenixkonsole

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »
Yep, that is my plan ; )
Need to check Magellan which allows better Integration through Scripting and will add a few Emulators in next release.

So basically it is #1 choice for Pi : p

Apps-store (indieGO!-Marketplace) is now placed on my own Server... after some testing i will make Login publically available (pre-registering for developers). Meanwhile the Client application development can Progress.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 07:42:40 PM »
Quick question before I register.

Will XBMC on AEROS make full use of the MPEG/WMV codecs from the RPi Foundation like OpenELEC and RaspBMC do?

If so, where do I sign up? :D

If you could get Android apps to also work for my Showbox fix I'd be grinning from ear to ear for weeks on end! :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

phoenixkonsole

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 08:37:53 PM »
Hi,

in order to get access you need to do one of the following:

1. Buy something from ares-shop.de or prove that you bought a AresOne from somewhere else
2. Use our sd-card service on ebay
3. Donate at east 10 US $ to any AROS related bounty on http://www.power2people.org or prove that you did already.
4. Or buy a AresOne rPi (comes in a few weeks so no option ; ) )

Maybe you donated to Odyssey bounty.

AEROS is on par with raspbian. Vc1 and mpeg2 codecs are available form Pi foundation and must be bought there. If you install them than it will work.

EDIT:
Android no
Windows 8 / RT will come through wine