Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: N/A  (Read 4433 times)

Description:

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
Re: Please help me get my X5000 5040 motherboard back
« on: July 14, 2023, 08:40:26 AM »
I know it doesn't help to say the level of service is inexcusable.  I can only imagine how frustrating it must be. The test of reasonableness has well and truly passed and gone, but your legal options are 'limited to none' in the EU for non-EU people. I can understand the dilemma; If it's known and accepted that the damage was in transit it would come down to insurance of the logistics company or the retailer to get a replacement.  I assume that avenue has been tried unsuccessfully.

Part of me is thinking if I was in your boat and as frustrated, I might try something crazy (perhaps stupid) like order another X5000 using AmEx or another purchase guaranteed card (If possible) and when it arrives in good order, take credit card refund proceedings for being charged for a product you already paid for. Or doesn't work. If successful, you just return the product at your cost (You know which one to return).

Big risk.  I definitely can't say you should do that. It's something I would think about in a rage of frustration. Please accept this advice as desperate, crazy advice to be discounted as such.

Good luck