Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: i feel guilty blizard ppc card  (Read 2002 times)

Description:

Offline amigamadTopic starter

• Show only replies by amigamad
i feel guilty blizard ppc card
« on: August 20, 2003, 05:55:46 PM »
I bought a dead ppc card off of amibench for 50  pound including postage its a 200mhz ppc with 040 25 mhz and fitted with 64 mb memory,  with my old a1200 3.0 kickstart machine it would not boot no matter what but when i tried it with my amiga technologys a1200 3.1 kickstart it worked perfect.I emailed him to say i recieved it and then he emailed back saying to let him know what it was that was wrong with it when i get it repaired .But it looks like it works fine with this machine so i feel a bit guilty saying it worked with one and not the other as i have a working ppc card for 50 pound. I now need another case for the a1200 conversion or fit it to my non working a 4000 tower,although a desktop acorn 3000 on ebay looks suitable.And from what i can make out in the manual for my own blizzard ppc it should work with 3.0 machine. :-o  :-)
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

Offline Jope

Re: i feel guilty blizard ppc card
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 06:08:52 PM »
1) Good luck with the cheap PPC, congratulations!
2) Please learn about capital letters after a full stop, try to use the comma where you would normally take a breath, and try to divide your text into smaller chunks, don't write everything in one block.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 08:17:48 PM »
Sorry ill make sure i do next time. :-)

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 08:53:48 PM »
You lucky bastard :-D  
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 09:07:08 PM »
You lucky bastard

That is one of the things i thought. I always check amibench and ebay .I now have  2 ppc amigas, now i just need a mediator and voodoo graphics . :-)

Offline Brian

• Show only replies by Brian
    • http://www.syntaxsociety.se
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 12:10:50 AM »
I payed something like 85£ incl. P&P for my BPPC040, pritty happy about that. :-D

The connector to the A1200 is a bit funky and won't always work the first time. Tried to move the card a bit side to side and slide it a bit in and out to get it to work. Had to feed my A1200 with two powercables as the card is pritty powerhungry and I got loads of other junk in there (before I gave it more power the pointer would jump like crazy when the CPU was working and when trying to do a copy disk to disk with xcopy would spindown my HD). :-o

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 02:06:09 PM »
I saw that on Amibench too...

What I wanna know, is what are the chances of me seeing a Cyberstorm 060 with UW-SCSI on Amibench.....?

I like Amigas

Offline darksun9210

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 11:27:45 AM »
i had a cyberstorm 060/PPC on amibench a few months ago. sorry, its bin sold.

i'm just waiting for some guy i know who has about 3 A4000's one with cyb PPC, one with cyb3 060, and one with a warp engine 040 40Mhz. other stuff like digital broadcaster cards, VLab motions, PAR cards, toccatas, preludes, digital I/O modules for preludes U/W scsi drives, GFX cards, blah blah blah.

he smokes a little too much and is a little paranoid. that with researching conspiricy theory web sites too much and ordering video's of genuine alien UFO sitings off the web, he's going to sell up on amibench soon, clear all his loans, and head for an underground concrete bunker soon because when the aliens arrive, humanity is going to get destoryed in a nuclear holocost.
so just to let you know for all you hardware vultures out there...

on an unrelated note, i know everyones on a budget, but why are most amibenchers total skinflints when it comes to building a good amiga, but are happy to take out a freaking loan to pay for a PC that'll be out of date in 3-6 months? (ie, people offering 500quid for my A4000T setup as below with 2!! 18 inch flat screens)

A500 Vampire2/minimegachip/lazarus/indyECS
A600 Vampire2/604n/subway/IndyECS
A1200 PiStorm32+Pi4/subway/IndyAGA
A3k C=040/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Zoram256/acard scsi-ide-CF/IndyECS,
A4k CSMk3-060/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Bigram256/IndyAGA, mediator+pci cards
CD32 TF360/IndyAGA
Plus an SGI O2 & consoles.