Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiGameJam 2021 - The annual Amiga game-making competition  (Read 2754 times)

Description:

Offline CammyTopic starter

AmiGameJam 2021 - The annual Amiga game-making competition
« on: August 01, 2021, 04:28:39 AM »

Dear Amiga friends and fellow retro enthusiasts, I would like to announce that the "AmiGameJam 2021" has begun!

AmiGameJam 2021 is the annual game development competition for the Amiga (originally the Festive Amiga Game-Making Competition).
This year the theme is "Ports", where all competitors will have six months, starting today, to port any game they like to the Amiga platform.
Each competitor will have the opportunity to win extraordinary prizes!

Competitors can use any means possible to code or build the game, that includes using game creation software kits (such as Red Pill, Scorpion Engine or GRAC).
This contest is open to two separate categories; Classic Amiga and the Next-Gen Amiga models (Aros, MorphOS and AmigaOS4).
A First Prize will be awarded to the winner of each category and, in addition, Second and Third Prizes will be awarded in the Classic category. In the case of games made specifically for the Vampire then it should be submitted be under the Next-Gen category.

To ensure the competition is fair for everyone, the work performed for the game should begin after this date.
Entries should be submitted by the 1st of February 2022 and the judging will begin after that. The winners will be announced on a very special awards show live-stream hosted by Amiga Bill, starring three celebrity judges and appearances from other special guests in the Amiga and retro community!

Introducing this years' amazing judges for the contest:
Judge #1 - The fantastic RJ Mical (creator of Amiga's Graphical User Interface)
Judge #2 - Hi7ch (an amazing variety streamer on Twitch who plays Amiga and retro games).
Judge #3 - TBA
We are all very grateful to have them onboard!

Please let me know if you are able to help out with donating prizes or money towards the prize pool!

Great thanks to Paul Kitching for his excellent logo! :)

https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Re: AmiGameJam 2021 - The annual Amiga game-making competition
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 06:03:06 AM »
Hi again everyone! This year there are likely to be more entries than ever before, and we'll have an awards show with celebrity judges streamed online for everyone to join in and watch together. We would love to offer some incredible prizes, some of which have already been donated by our kind sponsors, but there are still more prizes that need to be paid for, as well as the shipping costs for when we send the prize packs out. If you would like to donate towards the prize pool, I have set up a GoFundMe page where we can publicly track donations. Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far, and to anyone who would still like to help out!

https://gofund.me/4b1296fc
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad

Get AmigaOS

Re: AmiGameJam 2021 - The annual Amiga game-making competition
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 09:07:19 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the delay between updates, but we finally have a big announcement to share with you all. I am very happy to announce that Glen Planamento from Glen's Retro Show (and a bunch of other Retro YouTube streams), arcade hardware developer and big time Amiga fan has agreed to be our third judge for AmiGameJam! As well as Glen joining the team, we've received some wonderful donations from the community to put towards the prize packs, and the main page for the jam has been updated to reflect these updates. I'd like to thank everyone who has entered the contest so far, and remind everyone that there's still plenty of time to enter, with just over three months left until entries close.

If you don't have time to enter yourself, please check out the current entries and be sure to check back towards the end of the contest so you can contribute to the community vote, which will be included in the tally along with the scores from our three celebrity judges. If you would like to donate towards the prize pool,  there's still time for that too.

This looks like it's going to be the best year for the Amiga game-making contest so far, and I hope everyone enjoys playing the games and will tune in to the live-stream with AmigaBill in February when the winners will be announced.

https://www.glensretroshow.com/

https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam

Get AmigaOS