Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Congratulations on being a total waste of space!  (Read 7479 times)

Description:

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show all replies
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: Congratulations on being a total waste of space!
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:32:37 PM »
Chill out C.J.  The oldest post in the forum is only two months old and it is a Coffee House forum so they don't even show up on the front page.

You have to go looking for them!

So again, chill out and don't let Kesa stir you up, he just LOVES poking mama bears...  :D
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 09:10:11 PM »
And to get to the "New Posts" page you have to what?  Huh?  I'm sorry, did you just say first log in (this tab is not available to visitors) and specifically click on the link which is nothing more then an automated search for the latest posted topics?

UH-OH!  Did the word "search" just HAPPEN to pop out?  I'm sorry, I shouldn't use that word because that not only debunks your argument but proves that you are arguing with a Mod!

OH NOs!!!  Is a mod actually talking BACK to you?!?!  Is he actually going to kick you for a week because you not only started a useless, negative thread but wouldn't back off???

Geez, if only this situation, collectively and individually, was covered by some governing body or written agreement that each and every member needs to sign before joining A.ORG...

If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, DON'T!

Only warning.
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 07:29:44 PM »
I think people are getting the "New Posts" tab confused with the actual front page.

Coffee House and many other forums don not show up on the front page but ALL threads that have been either started or replied to recently show up in the "New Posts" search.

For example, someone just posted asking Electric Car owners a few questions in the Coffee House/Electric Cars forum.  It does not show up on the main page, but is currently the first listed on the "New Posts" search.

Unfortunately there is no "New Posts on subjects I care about" tab / search.  But that might be something cool to add if we can implement it.

"New Posts" is for members only anyway (It doesn't show up until you log in) so I wonder if there is an add-on that would allow each member to personalize their own "New Posts" search.  If so, then we COULD really get specific with forums and sub forums so people who are mainly interested in Classic Amiga Hardware, Classic Amiga Software, Coffee House/Religion, Aladdin 4D/Tutorials and New User Introductions will only get results from those categories.

The result might even cut down on the flaming, etc. since members would have to actively select those forums to receive new posts.

Just a thought...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 07:41:11 PM by J-Golden »

WWBD?