Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A call to Amigoids in Japan and Taiwan: need help on some research  (Read 1245 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWBTopic starter

A call to Amigoids in Japan and Taiwan: need help on some research
« on: September 13, 2012, 03:38:39 PM »
If I recall correctly, there are some AO readers and lurkers who live in Taiwan and Japan.  It is to them, or anyone else who might have access to this information, that I am putting this request.

I am to write a paper for my class this semester on white collar crime.  I have been approved for the subject of the "capacitor plague," about and with which many of us in various industries have knowledge or experience.  My primary sources thus-far are numerous blogs, an IEEE Spectrum article, and a few lawsuits regarding OEMs who were sued for knowingly using the faulty components.  I suspect this is due to barriers in language or country-specific new sources.

What I cannot find, however, are articles which deal with the identity of the individual or individuals involved in the scheme which resulted in the faulty capacitors, nor any legal proceedings dealing with the actual event.

If anyone in these countries would kindly assist me in locating any information on this I would be greatly appreciative.  I will be continuing my research, as well, and hopefully I'll be able to put something useful together.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:40:56 PM by LoadWB »