Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HP Palm press release about to start !  (Read 1008 times)

Description:

Offline Ilwrath

Re: HP Palm press release about to start !
« on: February 09, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »
Do you really think WebOS will gain any traction under HP?  HP is very deeply in bed with Microsoft, and I don't see that changing.  HP bought Palm to send a message to Microsoft about how they were screwed over by Microsoft waffling around with Windows 7 Mobile.  But, honestly, I don't see HP putting the commitment and push behind WebOS to make it work any better.

Personally, I'd wager that in a year or two the market will be iOS, Android, and "scraps" which'll mostly consist of the corporate users who are still waiting in line for their upgrades from Blackberries to iOS or Android.

Offline Ilwrath

Re: HP Palm press release about to start !
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 07:17:55 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;614441
I'm getting a Pre3 for sure...I really like WebOS (true multitasking from the get go) and need the full keyboard as I need the phone for my business first and those slab things are jokes for doing some serious typing on

Oh, I agree.  Of course, Droid 2 has a full slide out keyboard, so it's not an issue to me.  :D  After using it for a few months, I can't imagine going back to Palm.

.... and LOL @ tone007.  HP has a long and proud history of not using their own technologies.  You'd be surprised how many Sun/Solaris boxen (instead of HPUX) and Cisco switches (instead of ProCurve) you can find around HP.  :D