Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Website updated release date  (Read 4378 times)

Description:

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
Re: A-EON Website updated release date
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 31, 2010, 09:46:44 PM »
Maybe, Maybe not. I'm pretty confident that they will eventually release it though. They've delivered on the Mini & the Emac. The Powerbook version has been shown in public.

The G4 & G5 towers seem more of a challenge with all the configurations and graphic cards that came on these...

I haven't tried AROS in a while but, I didn't seem stable enough for everyday use last I tried it.

Quote from: Iggy;576937
Maybe, but will the G5 be supported by MorphOS by then?

And a single core X86 may be the fastest new generation system available, but when will AROS be stable enough for reliable daily use?

Until either of those occur, the G4 Mac is the most powerful NG machine.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 10:03:46 PM »
my knowledge is second hand, but in light of what i have read about the said contract i dont understand the reason for it being marked confidential. maybe someone can enlighten me, i believe it contains no corporate secrets, only that the terms, dates and prices could be a little more disapointing than expected. and, frankly, who woulnt expect thhta these informations will not leak to the public in a matters of hours? in this community? in my opinion it would be much more constructive if this initiative was based on more trust and cooperation, not on secrecy. honestly, it isnt any breakthrough technology developed here.

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 01:34:42 PM »
I'm amazed people aren't talking about the price of these beta boards vs the fuss of the NDA agreement hitting the web.  Had Ben been a real IP attorney, he would have done two NDAs, generic one and THEN A1X1K's NDA after getting the generic one back.  But we know his past record with AI's contracts and this NDA fiasco is yet another example of his capabilities or lack there of.

So if the retail price is going to be close to or over 1500 (350 more then the mobo/cpu/ram beta deal) plus 20% VAT, that should make it 1800 GBPs plus shipping.  Few upgrades and 2,000 GBPs plus shipping.  That's alot of money on this is side of the pond. Guess it's reasonable for Europeans?
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.