Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Os 3.1.4 Thread  (Read 242752 times)

Description:

Offline SnkBitten

• Amithlon Fanatic
    • Show all replies
    • http://amithlon.snkbitten.com
Re: The Os 3.1.4 Thread
« on: September 27, 2018, 11:49:19 PM »
Totally out of normal consideration, but any idea how OS 3.1.4 would function running on Amithlon?   I have a standard 3.1 Kickstart and 3.1 WB partition setup that boots perfectly fine so I'm curious how well this updated version would function.  I setup the 3.1 bootable environment to test since Bernie had initially shown Amithlon on 3.1 before he was provided 3.9.

The general question would probably fall more under how well does OS 3.1.4 function with RTG, AHI, etc.. as those are Amithlon requirements.   I'd love to update the 3.1 environment to 3.1.4 under Amithlon and see how it runs since 3.1 is already a lighter resource hungry than 3.9.

I'm a huge Amithlon fan....so had to throw that question out there....:)

Offline SnkBitten

• Amithlon Fanatic
    • Show all replies
    • http://amithlon.snkbitten.com
Re: The Os 3.1.4 Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 03:22:31 AM »
Booted Amithlon using the 3.1.4 kickstart and 3.1.4 Workbench successfully.  Installed WB 3.1.4 inside WinUAE then compressed (.lha) the volume and moved it over to my Amithlon system.  Uncompressed it to a newly created volume (made bootable) and replaced the kickstart in smallird.gz with the A2000 3.1.4 kickstart.   I had to copy a few files over (Amithlon specific stuff) and modify the startup-sequence but it booted without issue.  The new intuition.library works fine as well allowing windows to be moved off the edges.  I have a LOT of work to make it similar to my OS 3.9 setup but I want to see how well it compares.