Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So, where was "X" at AmiWest?  (Read 11717 times)

Description:

Offline zylesea

• Show all replies
    • http://www.via-altera.de
Re: So, where was "X" at AmiWest?
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:53:13 PM »
Quote from: ajlwalker;664929
@Piru

You've already confirmed Morphos won't be on the X1000.

I understand details on the new OS4 netbook are scant, but in principle would you be in favour of producing Morphos port for it?

If it makes the answer any easier lets assume the netbook sells between 1000-2000 units rather than a couple of hundred.

If MorphOS team wanted to support a e300/400MHz netbook, they could have done so with the Limebook Z9.
But since Mac support was added virtually noboday gave a crap about an e300/400 any more. MorphOS will soon support a G4 1.67GHz laptop - what will an even more expensive  e300/400 netbook offer as benefit?
Not sayig an e300/400 wouldn't make no sense at all (I still have a business proposal based ona chip with that core), but it is a thing of priorities. And putting the priority to a G4 1.67 GHz instead to a G2(e300)/400 seems clever and rational to me.

Offline zylesea

• Show all replies
    • http://www.via-altera.de
Re: So, where was "X" at AmiWest?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:51:54 PM »
Quote from: koaftder;665394
"The xmos chip, Hahah, what's that about? What can I do with it, when is going to eb avaiable as an add on, and so on. You can buy an Xmos chip direct from Xmos if you want to. It comes on a PCI card and you can plug it into anything you want to." -- Steven Solie

(though I think he meant to say "usb", hard to tell though, it seems he has no idea what's going on in Xmos land)

Funny. Especially since when the "What is X" hype was around the suggestion to just use a cheap usb kit was heresy or at least ignorance or - the new stigma - "nay saying"!