Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Petition for Linux PPC Macromedia Flash  (Read 819 times)

Description:

Offline Bodie_CI5Topic starter

• Show only replies by Bodie_CI5
Petition for Linux PPC Macromedia Flash
« on: May 30, 2004, 12:30:02 PM »
There was a thread here recently regarding Flash on Linux PPC, and the inadequacies of those that already exist on this platform. Brother Bodie found this petition for Macromedia's to be ported. Check it out, and if you feel the need for speed, then by all means sign the petition!

Click here for petition

I wonder who gets to 1000 :-)
Recovering WoW addict.

And, I\'ve relapsed, LOL.

Hmm, might be canceling again. LOL

Offline Floid

• Show only replies by Floid
Re: Petition for Linux PPC Macromedia Flash
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 03:11:01 PM »
My sentiments exactly, but can someone tell all those poor misguided IA32 users that Flash for Linux/x86 does in fact exist?

(Of course, it's a shame it's a fiddly closed-source product that thus can't be distributed with 'Free'-minded distributions and spare the whining in the first place, but that's still no excuse.  And yes, I want a Shockwave player, too.)

Edit: In other news, x86 FreeBSD users, and/or users sticking with Phoenix 0.6 (which is theoretically Mozilla 1.3a-based)... may want to stick with /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin6 or the equivalent Linux package, because something about one or the other is making my effort to try 7 nondeterministic.  When it works, I can say it seems quite a bit relievingly faster than 6.  :-P