Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor  (Read 40791 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 01, 2018, 12:52:23 AM »
Quote from: number6;837700
@thread

Info about Tabor and ethernet (and more):

Trevor's blog - We are Amiga!

I found the part about RX video card support more interesting myself.
But as most of you know, Tabor doesn't really do it for me.

Hans' work though...always impressive.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 01:58:06 AM »
Quote from: adonay;838119
I fail to see how any os4 capable computer would not be a botleneck . And what Amiga application would take advantage of a RX based card?  Most advanced games we have Are from the late 90s . Not to mention our dogslow chipsets and lack og multithread support

Current hardware doesn't really take full advantage of any of the high end video cards from the 6750 up.
So what?
If I had the choice of a Radeon HD 7750, and R7 250, or an RX580, I'd prefer the RX580. For one thing, it's a current card.
And if we aim lower, say an RX550, it shouldn't be too cpu limited.

That said, since I'm a MorphOS user, and I haven't bought an X5000/20 because I'm hoping for an X5000/40, if I had one  I'd probably drop down to something like an HD 4770. I'd get a driver with overlay support and and video card that's reasonably suited the cpu's capabilities.

I've used a 7750, it's not that much more impressive. And the R7 250 kind if a dog, slower than my R7 260X, which in turn can't touch an HD7850.

What I'm hoping for is R600 (or possibly R700) AGP support for our legacy systems, and 3D acceleration for all the new Radeon HD cards that have been added to the support list.

All that being said, I still think what Hans de Ruiter has accomplished under OS4 in terms of video card support is remarkable.

Pity there isn't someone with that level of talent writing network and sound drivers. You might have those dreadful P1022 based boards in your hands if those issues were resolved.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 02:02:29 AM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 11:01:59 PM »
The A1222 should make an appearance at AmiWest 2018, for those of you that give a *#@.

I myself quietly await the X5000/40, which is already in some developer's hands.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2021, 08:15:28 PM »
Same  news posted on www.a1222plus.com/?page=progress.

"Following the successful proof of design, the Early Adopter batch will be manufactured and it is currently estimated that delivery will commence in the second quarter of 2021.

Please note that due to the complexities of the project the estimated timescales are subject to change. Further official updates to this project will be made here.
"

Obviously they did not make this happen (since we are near the end of the forth quarter of 2021).

Perhaps they are waiting on Hyperion to finish a port of OS4.