Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org looks great!  (Read 2921 times)

Description:

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
Re: Amiga.org looks great!
« Reply #44 from previous page: February 15, 2004, 05:51:36 PM »

Glaucus wrote:
I do get the feeling that when reading the forums the body of the message is now more squished between the left/right thread side-bars and the post-side bar (the part where the avatar is located).

I don't think there was a right side-bar on the forum view before, so maybe that's it. Unless my brain's gone insane. You're right it does look kinda squishy, it forces the posts into a narrow band and it's uncomfortable to read.

Offline Glaucus

• Show only replies by Glaucus
    • http://members.shaw.ca/mveroukis/
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2004, 06:33:09 PM »
Well, I see my gripe about the quotes has been addressed!  :-D

As for the right-side side-bar, I think you're right TPG. I think what's now on the right side-bar was part of the left side-bar. I can see why they did it that way, and worth a shot, but over all I think it would be best if the moved the right side-bar back over to the left. As it is now, once you get past the first few posts in a thread, there's about an inch and a half of empty grey on either side of each post. Sure, they may end up putting more things on the side-bars, but do we really need more stuff on the side-bars?

- Mike
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE

Online Akiko

• Show only replies by Akiko
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2004, 06:58:40 PM »
I much better prefer the old Amiga.org sceme. The new format looks tacky & butt ugly !

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2004, 07:50:39 PM »
Bobsonsirjonny wrote:
But one of the reasons why I started to use Amiga.org less is in part due to some people being miserable buggers - always moaning about everything, always finding fault and general being quite sour!

Well yes, it's called realism. The Amiga has never been in a worse state and there's really no call for mindless optimism and naivity any more. It was ok in 1997, started to chafe in 1999, got really annoying in 2002, laughable in 2003, but now it's really, really sad. It's just gone beyond blindness and fanaticism. Even Fleecy is now talking about "platform evangelism". :roll:

I'll give an example of a fairly recent AW thread about a someone registering for a Lucasarts game as "G4 Amiga" so Lucasarts would think of doing a port for AmigaONE. Now, if 12 registrations of a computer they've never heard of with no market potential is ever going to influence Lucasarts, I've dropped into a parallel dimension. No, all this sillyness does is give Amiga users a bad name. A very bad name.

And the reason why the "moaners" i.e. the realistic people don't come to AW to tell people why silly ideas are silly is because it's patently obvious they aren't welcome. If you aren't cencored for "trolling and flame baiting", you'll be set upon viciously by lots of people who don't really understand the situation but who are insulted because their faith is being taken into question. And it's dead certain who's side the "moderators" are going to take. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Offline sir_inferno

• Show only replies by sir_inferno
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2004, 09:38:24 PM »

GadgetMaster wrote:
:madashell:

@ Ami(king)(Doom)Master

Shoo! Shoo!

Go away!

Troll
:roll:  

i'm glad to see our own members can deal with trollers...

anyway

i've been using xoops2 to host my site, as well as using other people's xoops2 sites...

so i'm happy that amiga org finally has caught up with the features, well done :)

however the colour scheme is really dodgy, don't think i'll ever get used to it (webmasters, hello? get some other colour schemes and allow us to select them!) and the front page could do with some block managment, make it a little less cluttered...

Offline Glaucus

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2004, 10:58:24 PM »
Although I fully appreciate the work the A.org team has put into this upgrade, I must admit that the orange/blue combo just doesn't work at all. Orange is a tricky colour to work with I think. I would suggest just picking one colour and using shades of it, along with shades of grey to make up the colour scheme. Mixing too many colours always looks tacky.

- Mike
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE

Offline Viking

• Show only replies by Viking
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2004, 01:12:28 AM »
@AmiMaster and AmiKing:

Thank you for your very polite and mature way of expressing yourselves. Behaving respectful is indeed a good way of earning respect and getting people to take your opinions seriously.

Offline Viking

• Show only replies by Viking
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2004, 01:26:41 AM »
First I liked the look better as it was before, but after some time I start liking this. One of the new things I like, is this "Notify me of new posts..." -an useful function!

But there's one thing I appreciate less. When I open a thread I don't get to the first post right away. Maybe I just need more time to get used to it, but I'm not sure. What do you ppl think about it?

@staff
Good work!

cheers

Offline Acill

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2004, 01:46:39 AM »
Currently its looking better. i noticed the news articles are back they way the used to be. Keep up the good work guys!!!
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2004, 02:38:26 AM »
From what I've been given to understand, Kent (and perhaps Roj) are working on a replacement header.  I personally like the shades of copper, as "rust" is very indicative of the Amiga situation right now.  Think about it.

:-)

Offline Glaucus

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2004, 03:30:23 AM »
I personally like the shades of copper, as "rust" is very indicative of the Amiga situation right now. Think about it.
Oh and let me guess, the blue represents "hope", right?  ;-)

- Mike
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE