Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Video] mother Tries out amigaOS Workbench 1.1 (1985)  (Read 2910 times)

Description:

Offline Borut

• Show all replies
    • http://www.crt-software.com
Re: [Video] mother Tries out amigaOS Workbench 1.1 (1985)
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:50:40 PM »
First: I like your reviews - they are an interesting point of view.

I am curious what your mom will think when she tries the newer versions of the OS - e.g. she liked the constant systematical developement of the macs.

Regarding the floppy, it wasn´t nearly that loud in reality, especially in the offices there were other noisier things. And the floppy access wasnt´t every time, because some actions were done out of the memory after the first use/klick.

For sure it beats Windows 1 for the time and also MacOS I think. So for sure I would also use Workbench regardles knowing how things evolved later.

You forgot to change also the style of the pointer - this was funny and creative for me back in the time.

For me it would be interesting to see her testing the 1.3 (even if it is not very different but has more tools), then some kind of 2.xx then 3.1, then 3.9 and finally 4.1 (ok you have no HW I think that´s the problem, probably some one will lend it to you) - ok a lot of work for you but I think your mum will get used to and probably like it a little more ;-)