Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Workbench Disk Sets... What Would Be The Best Way To Obtain Them...  (Read 48876 times)

Description:

Offline Fraggle1

• Show only replies by Fraggle1
Re: Workbench Disk Sets... What Would Be The Best Way To Obtain Them...
« Reply #419 from previous page: May 22, 2011, 09:53:56 PM »
"Like this hasn't already been common knowledge for the last 15 years..."

Typical amiga.org smartass facecious comment. Not everyone has been here for 15 years. Comprende ?

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2011, 10:05:59 PM »
Quote from: Fraggle1;639548
"Like this hasn't already been common knowledge for the last 15 years..."

Typical amiga.org smartass facecious comment. Not everyone has been here for 15 years. Comprende ?

+1

I guess all the new folk who post here asking where can I find this or that must be lacking in this "common knowledge" and therefore not worthy of an answer in some folks eyes... ;)

@ Damion

There are new folk to the Amiga scene all the time (as this site proves) who have never owned an Amiga in their lives, you can't expect them to have some miraculous knowledge about where to find things or does passing on this knowledge not sit too well with you... ;)

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2011, 10:09:19 PM »
Quote from: Damion;639525
Like this hasn't already been common knowledge for the last 15 years...

Well, if you would look on the main page, there's a gentleman who just dug his A1000 out of his mom's basement and has no kickstart or workbench disks.  He's looking for one, but I'm pretty sure just asking for one violates the sites TOS for "NO WAREZ."  He would prefer not to steal.  As would I.  So, if you are saying that owning a classic Amiga forces your hand, well...that sucks!  This is the reason Franko started this thread, not because he is an attention whore, as Koftader stated here and on Moobunny, but because people deserve to be able to legally obtain proper disks for their classic machines.  So, to answer your question -- it is not common knowledge, and even if it were, does not make it right.

« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2011, 10:16:13 PM »
@ Damion

Just to help show you that your idea that this is "common knowledge" isn't quite true, then please read this post from just a few days ago... ;)

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=638124&postcount=7

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #423 on: May 22, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;639555
Well, if you would look on the main page, there's a gentleman who just dug his A1000 out of his mom's basement and has no kickstart or workbench disks.  He's looking for one, but I'm pretty sure just asking for one violates the sites TOS for "NO WAREZ."  He would prefer not to steal.  As would I.  So, if you are saying that owning a classic Amiga forces your hand, well...that sucks!  This is the reason Franko started this thread, not because he is an attention whore, as Koftader stated here and on Moobunny, but because people deserve to be able to legally obtain proper disks for their classic machines.  So, to answer your question -- it is not common knowledge, and even if it were, does not make it right.

I don't get it, how will Franko offering pirated wares going to help this guy when he obviously needs Amiga formatted disk with WB on them?   Some how I can't Franko offering to send people Amiga formatted disk with WB on them that too many people would be complaining about it because:

1. Only an Amiga would be able to use it (minus catweasle or other floppy controller/emulator owners).

2. It that format, pirates wouldn't be interested in it.

Too much work for Franko and he doesn't get the instant gratification of having his name talked about a million times, hence no ego stroke.  Quick PM to the user looking for it for an address to send the disk to, and it's all done and finished.  Can't have that, no one would be talking about Franko that way.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

« Reply #424 on: May 22, 2011, 10:40:09 PM »
Hi Dammy

What's the matter with MooBunny today too scary for you... ;)

Plenty of PMs go back and forward each day along with private emails so no worries on that score, got that side of things well covered... :)

PS: I only help out folk with real Amiga hardware not pretend stuff like you use, so I wont be sending you any freebies... :)

Strange how you're the person who uses my name the most be it here or over on MooBunny, awful nice of you to go to all the bother of stroking my ego... ta very glad for always thinking of me... :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:23:39 AM by Argo »

Offline TheBilgeRat

« Reply #425 on: May 22, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »
Quote from: dammy;639569
I don't get it, how will Franko offering pirated wares going to help this guy when he obviously needs Amiga formatted disk with WB on them?   Some how I can't Franko offering to send people Amiga formatted disk with WB on them that too many people would be complaining about it because:

1. Only an Amiga would be able to use it (minus catweasle or other floppy controller/emulator owners).

2. It that format, pirates wouldn't be interested in it.

Too much work for Franko and he doesn't get the instant gratification of having his name talked about a million times, hence no ego stroke.  Quick PM to the user looking for it for an address to send the disk to, and it's all done and finished.  Can't have that, no one would be talking about Franko that way.

Well, in a proper world it wouldn't be Franko at all, it would be the actual copyright holders or retailers (Vesalia, AmigaKit), and the gentleman could buy it properly.  I get that you and red and many others just hate Franko.  Apart from that, I believe Franko was genuinely trying to get a hold of the proper copyright holders whether you approve of his methods or not (who were a no-show), and that if given the opportunity, would love to buy actual floppies or ADFs of the actual software.

There is so much retarded hate in this community over stuff decided 15 years ago.  Amiga LOST.  It is barely a market.  If you want it even to be a barely thriving niche hobby, the issue of classic OS needs to get resolved.  Stealing should not be an option.  Forking out money for AF should not be an option.  The option should be to plunk down some moolah to Vesalia or AmigaKit to download or purchase floppies and ROMS from 1.0 to 3.1 of the classic OS.  Hell, most of it could be made to order (in the case of ROMS).

When AROS is 1.0 Final, there may be a different landscape.  It's time to stop letting stupid pride get in the way of the thing that brought us all together.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #426 on: May 23, 2011, 12:24:42 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;639019
+1000

Are you talking about Franko or Piru? :confused:

I'm sorry you weren't specific... :)
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Damion

« Reply #427 on: May 23, 2011, 01:22:46 AM »
WinUAE isn't common knowledge within the community? Are you serious?

As far as passing on knowledge, here ya go Franko... I hope you and your pals accept my great offering to the community! :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:56:43 AM by Damion »

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #428 on: May 23, 2011, 01:49:58 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;639587
When AROS is 1.0 Final, there may be a different landscape. It's time to stop letting stupid pride get in the way of the thing that brought us all together.
Nobody hates the amiga more than the amigans

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #429 on: May 23, 2011, 02:30:02 AM »
OK i have just read this thread for the first time starting from this last page all the way to the first (why do i always do this?) and i have made my own opinions as follows:

1 - This thread is complete crap. Most of it is not worth reading and i think the only purpose it has is an excuse for users to have a bitch slap with other users  :bitch:

2 - I think the reason why Franko never got a response was because they know better. If the contact was a legitimate approach of a business nature they no doubt would have responded but otherwise why waste time answering silly trolling messages? They no doubt would be familiar with the behaviour and mannerisms of  Amigans so they would have dismissed any "formal" contact for what it  really was/is, an elaborate attempt at a hoax and just trolling in  general. I wonder if Franko would have got a response from Apple? I doubt it.

I don't think this thread is enough reason to start bashing Cloanto so please stop.

3 - Franko constantly repeating "this thread was a complete waste of time :)" all the time is really annoying!

Is it a coincidence that him repeating this has kept his green activity bar at 100%? Franko stop cheating! If want the distinction of a 100% activity bar you have to do it properly! :hammer:

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #430 on: May 23, 2011, 02:33:14 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;639587
It's time to stop letting stupid pride get in the way of the thing that brought us all together.
Yes, and that would be:
Making fun of Atari ST owners for being so stupid that they even made 68K Mac owners looks slightly less stupid themselves??

:)

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline TheBilgeRat

« Reply #431 on: May 23, 2011, 03:12:11 AM »
Quote from: desiv;639605
Yes, and that would be:
Making fun of Atari ST owners for being so stupid that they even made 68K Mac owners looks slightly less stupid themselves??

:)

desiv

Yes!  :lol:

Although I wonder if Atari users have to deal with the BS surrounding their OS....

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #432 on: May 23, 2011, 10:20:45 AM »
Opps i get it now. He has been posting  "this thread was a complete waste of time :)" because he edited all his posts. My bad. He had better hurry up and make a post or his green bar will hit 99%   :eek:

« Reply #433 on: May 23, 2011, 10:24:40 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;639666
Opps i get it now. He has been posting  "this thread was a complete waste of time :)" because he edited all his posts. My bad. He had better hurry up and make a post or his green bar will hit 99%   :eek:

You're quick aint ya... :lol:

Methinks that bump on the noggin has taken effect... :)

(Just topping up to 100% again...)  ;)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #434 on: May 23, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »
Yep! That's what happens when you read from the back to the front. You get confused. I read books like that too. Why is everything so confusing? :confused: