Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Icaros installing?  (Read 1061 times)

Description:

Offline AkiraTopic starter

• Show only replies by Akira
Icaros installing?
« on: March 28, 2009, 02:50:13 AM »
Hey guys,

I decided to do an install of the Icaros OS (fancy new name for AROS)for my computer, but I am running into problems.

I tried to use the "Install AROS" software in the Tools dir, but it asks for the name of the device I want to install to. I am trying to install this not on my internal hard drive, but on my SD drive. How can I see which devcec is it? Does it exist? Why not make this easier?

It would be extremely convenient for my eeePC setup to be able to install it on an SD card. I *do not* want to run it on a virtual machine so please do not suggest to do so.

Thanks in advance!
/ akira_K

Re: Icaros installing?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 02:59:00 AM »
Well, using HDToolbox,, I found out the  device is called "usbmss.device". So I will try an install now.

Will report later ;D

-------- edit
No luck.
HDToolbox reports ZERO units on the device, and the Install program reports a "could not open root partition".

I am using Icaroos from the QEMU thingy.  could this have to do with anything?

/ akira_K

Offline paolone

• Show only replies by paolone
    • http://www.icarosdesktop.org
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:23:44 AM »
Hi, unluckily installing AROS on devices different than Master 0 (even another internal hard drive, so) is still a pain, that becomes a nightmare when you try with USB devices. I'm still trying to install it as a proof-of-concept on a pendrive, that shouldn't be so different from doing this on a SD card.

p.bes

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 01:12:58 PM »
Did you erase and remove any partitions on the device before running HDToolBox?  That may make a difference.  

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 06:52:10 AM »
OK, please report here when this is possible... for now i will not be able to test aros :(

my machine iss a netbook so pleasee have it into consideration (maybe adding a 1024x600 mode at startup :))
/ akira_K