Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Amiga" items on EBay getting really irratating :(  (Read 2516 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: "Amiga" items on EBay getting really irratating :(
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 20, 2007, 01:00:21 AM »
I think what is really irritating is these threads that come it seems every few weeks about someone complaining about eBay Amiga auction prices.

If you don't like the price, don't bid.  If you don't like eBay, stop visiting there and then complaining about it here.

It is a huge waste of bandwidth and hot air.  It is, what it is, for better or worse.  If you know what you are doing, it is a useful place to increase your Amiga collection, probably the best resource for "Rare" Amiga items that you probably couldn't find elsewhere.

The only time I get worked up about eBay auctions is when the seller is a crook and is selling something that is not his/hers to sell (pirated software)

My advice, get over it and get on with your life.  It is short and too precious to be wasted on such trivial annoyances.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 02:58:14 AM »
I don't see why either auction should irritate anyone. Unless someone is taking stuff off aminet and selling it on ebay, big woop. The guy is selling a presumably original item in the case of Dopus. Sure, you could download some bits from aminet, but it's more fun to have a tangible object on your shelf. As for the floppies, it's in the Commodore section, not the Amiga section. Either way, I do remember seeing a 5 1/4" floppy drive for Amiga being sold on ebay not too long ago.

Something, though, that should irritate people is how wide this thread is.  :madashell:
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline marcfrick2112Topic starter

• Show only replies by marcfrick2112
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »
@weirdami: OK, I just searched 'Amiga' on EBay, as is my habit, some sellers don't list Amiga items in the right catagory... I know there was a 5 1/4" floppy for Amiga, I thought I mentioned it in my first post... I just thought the price was out of line compared to what I have payed for them recently...

@everyone else: you're right, manual's and boxes are nifty, etc. .... Maybe I need to veer away from EBay for a while, after all, I got my best Amiga deals locally from friends... (1 A4000, 1 A600HD, CD32, about 100 Amiga CD's, and more floppies than I can count (or store)

Who needs thrift shops?

Sorry to irritate so many of you, was just stating my opinion  :-?
---------------
Marc Frick
---------------
A1200T / \'060, 256MB, CD-R, OS3.9
A4000 w/ WarpEngine / 82MB , OS3.1
A4000 16MB, OS 3.9
A1200 , \'030 / 10MB
A1200 (stock)

CD32 :)

...And a very sick 4000T

Offline ltstanfo

• Show only replies by ltstanfo
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 02:18:37 PM »

marcfrick2112 wrote:
Sorry to irritate so many of you, was just stating my opinion  :-?

You're not specifically irritaing us (I don't think) but you have hit a nerve with many because this topic just won't go away.  At least your last post was far more reasonable than others who have started similar topics. :-)

While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, you have to be careful where you post it.  This site is not known for being quiet. ;-)

Regards,
Ltstanfo
Gee Brain... what do you want to do tonight?

Offline CHR74

• Show only replies by CHR74
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 10:49:41 PM »
are you out of your mind? that's a 4.99$ auction for christ sake!