Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Sony Playstation  (Read 2111 times)

Description:

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
Re: New Sony Playstation
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 10, 2007, 11:38:20 AM »
Hey, that's cool, I checked and I found new 2.5 sata drives for about 100$.

So if I buy a 20gb model only thing I'm missing is the Wi-fi ? (and the smart card readers ?)
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline alenppc

• Show only replies by alenppc
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »

countzero wrote:
Hey, that's cool, I checked and I found new 2.5 sata drives for about 100$.

So if I buy a 20gb model only thing I'm missing is the Wi-fi ? (and the smart card readers ?)

Correct, also unlike M$, Sony hasn't imposed hardware restrictions on the hard drives you can use... So basically you can pick up any SATA drive off the shelf and plug it in.

Btw, I also just read this:
---------------
80 GB Playstation 3 Will Be First NTSC PS3 To Drop PS2

Monday, 09 July 2007
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) just announced its new Playstation 3 price point and 80GB model. Along with the announcement came the system specs for the 80 GB ($599) and 60 GB PS3 ($499). The specs were the same, except for the HDD size of course.

[...]

"The current 60 GB model utilizes a hardware and solution for backwards compatibility, namely the Emotion Engine chip. The new 80 GB PS3 will use a software solution for backwards compatibility, similar to that currently found in the PAL model," said Kimberly Otzman, SCEA Corporate Communications Representative.

---------------
Well that sucks... Avoid the 80 GB model then... ;)

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 03:04:49 PM »
heres some more update on the console front...

read:
Xbox 360 to Get 65nm "Falcon" Makeover This Fall

Price cut of the PS3 and bigger hd

things are happening  :-D

Offline adonay

• Show only replies by adonay
    • http://www.freewebs.com/adonay-/index.htm
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »

guru-666 wrote:
dreamcast all the way baby.  It was fun before the Wii was ever even a design and has about the same spcs.  (with VGA adapter)

@adonay
yes the ps3 IS much better for example you can use it with an HD set, if you don't have one, so what, if you DO have one, why would you want to waste it with a Wii?  Then I would love to fight you in soul calibur as you try to figure out what you are doing with your motion sensor (gimmick).  Also once some of the new games come out, that are 25 gig plus, you will be heading to the store to get a ps3, becasue then you Wii will look like wii.

anyway I don't need any of this garbage because I have a dreamcast and an amiga, I can wait until the PS3 is free.

What are you going on about ? I have DC as well loved games such as shenmue,baserk and as well as soul calibur toataly i think i have a list of 30 games for it bought 20 dirt cheap when it all went down under. Was great for its time . As for graphics hmmm not sure the DC can cope with the chipset in wii remember it is a newer chip with support for more shaders etc. Please note that the gfx in consoles are The main part the cpu has trditionally always been underpowerd see for example xbox 1 or ps 1.. Having sayed that i dont apply the wii has better graphics than my 360 nor more prosessing power nor memmory or hd but it still gives you a unique game experience something that the ps1 ps2 ps3 xb1 xb360 dont, they are all the same consept. As for ps3 we have one in the wellfare at the oilrigg i work and i really can not see it is worth that much. It is good ofcourse but not THAT good  
A1200 ACA 1230

Offline uncharted

• Show only replies by uncharted
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 09:09:18 PM »
@adonay

Don't feed the troll ;-)

adonay wrote:

As for graphics hmmm not sure the DC can cope with the chipset in wii remember it is a newer chip with support for more shaders etc.

The GC was much more powerful than the DC.  It did come out 3 years later so that isn't surprising.  The Wii is more powerful still (between 1.5x - 2x Gamecube).

One of the things I love about the Wii is how it has managed to get the fanboys and the technophiles into such a tizzy.  The idea that everyone can get involved and that it's the least technically capable that is the most popular seems to blow peoples minds.

My blister-inducing button-mashing hardcore days are firmly behind me.  I'd rather a quick bash on Wii Tennis or Guitar Hero with a bunch of friends than 30+ hours sat on my own trying to snap soldier's ultra-realistic necks in Metal Gear Solid.