Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "We're a different company now," McEwen said. "We're growing, and we're well-funded."  (Read 1851 times)

Description:

Offline giZmo350Topic starter

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
Kent arena's new benefactor has history of troubles....

Under the naming-rights deal, Amiga is obligated to pay $10 million over the next 20 years. In exchange, Amiga gets its name emblazoned under the ice, on Zambonis and spread across the score clock — the sort of publicity that suggests a big corporate player....

Looks like Amiga will be around for a long time!!!   :lol:
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline c64_d0c

• Show only replies by c64_d0c
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:14:27 PM »
A visit to Amiga's Issaquah offices last week found just McEwen and one other employee in a suite of offices strewn with cardboard boxes and old computers. Although he was introduced by Kent officials as the president of Amiga, McEwen said he is really vice president. He later added that he had recently been named acting president.

there we have the only two staff... the web designer, the owner and only vice president of aimga inc.. HAHAHAHAHA!....  "a big corporate player".... HILARIOUS!...
________
EXPERT INSURANCE
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:20:44 AM by c64_d0c »
On schedule and rockin\\\'!!!1!!

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
I bet the reporter who went to AInc. to interview McBill can't take enough showers.

Offline c64_d0c

• Show only replies by c64_d0c
Re:
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:29:03 PM »
well the truth have just been published in the public... it will be fun to see how mr bill mcewens squeeze him self out of this on...  
________
Prilosec lawyers
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:22:01 AM by c64_d0c »
On schedule and rockin\\\'!!!1!!

Offline cpfuture

• Show only replies by cpfuture
Priceless! Had a good few laughs reading that article.  :-D

Offline TheMud

• Show only replies by TheMud
    • http://www.houseofvoices.tk
1.600.000 $ ??? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.... I have more than McEwen (in my wetdreams) ... That is really sad ... :'(  ... A company with 1.6 mil would be a popular hairdresser and not a Computer Producer :)
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.dailyroxette.com - My first passion next to Amiga

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
1.6 million in revenue is more than what i could have expected when one considers the products they are currently offering.

Offline bobamu

• Show only replies by bobamu
they're a different company now

and soon as some new debts turn up

they'll be a different company again

and... repeat

edit: oh, and I'll add

We're growing: spending someone's money
well funded: that's the someone's money

I would really love stuff to actually happen, as opposed to "be announced", but really, meh

edit2:

"Kent city officials say they knew about Amiga's troubled past but attributed it to the dot-com bust."

:-o

I think swearing is banned on here, so imagine I just swore :-)
I\'m back and I brought bacon.

Offline Starrunner

• Show only replies by Starrunner
After reading the article in the paper, all I can say is at least Billy Boy picked the right company to 'help' in the 'manufacture' of a new Amiga computer.

A company that is just as non existant and Amiga Inc.

I wonder about something.  Does the investor that was named in the article know what BS Billy Boy is up to with his investment?  I imagine he might not be so happy about it.

Amiga Inc. and ACK Controls...Masters of the Vapourware.

Offline sir_inferno

• Show only replies by sir_inferno

installing equipment that will let fans use cellphones to order food

ah...useful. cause you can't do that with a mobile phone at the moment eh?

A visit to Amiga's Issaquah offices last week found just McEwen and one other employee in a suite of offices strewn with cardboard boxes and old computers.

you know, if they sold those amiga's, they might be on the verge of breaking even lol

Although he was introduced by Kent officials as the president of Amiga, McEwen said he is really vice president. He later added that he had recently been named acting president

named? by mr hat? his invisible investors?

Offline ffastback

• Show only replies by ffastback
@all

This shows the tenacity of our community members after the fluff pieces came out to make sure the reporters knew there were things worth looking into.

http://tinyurl.com/2mngzb

Now that the Seattle Times has done a piece its probably worth re-approaching some of the other publications who did stories on the deal as well. Perhaps they can bring to light more info.

We also may want to see if there are any newspapers in India that can perhaps help with looking into Amiga Development India and the claims made in regard to it.

The more of us that write asking for this the more likely it will be done so that we can get more info, whether good or bad, promising or not.

And I'm glad Mr. Peck was afforded another chance to tell his story as well too.