Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to write AMIGA the RIGHT way!  (Read 2879 times)

Description:

How to write AMIGA the RIGHT way!
« on: May 11, 2007, 01:00:07 AM »
Hi there!

The RIGHT font and spacing for AMIGA is here: http://www.amiga.org/gallery/photo.php?lid=3292

The RIGHT font for Commodore used on Amiga computers is here: http://www.amiga.org/gallery/photo.php?lid=3294

The RIGHT font for Commodore used on older VIC-20s, C64s and C128 is here: http://www.amiga.org/gallery/photo.php?lid=3293

Hope you can put this to good use!

Offline Elektro

• Show only replies by Elektro
Re: How to write AMIGA the RIGHT way!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 01:04:01 AM »
now I can die happy

:-P
#amiga.org @ irc.synirc.net

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 01:54:10 AM »
Where can we download this fonts for Mac/PC fo free?
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 02:02:42 AM »

TjLaZer wrote:
Where can we download this fonts for Mac/PC fo free?

For free?   :oops:

I used fonts that were paid for more than 15 years ago and so their cost was absorbed a long time ago but they were not free. They cost a few thousands of dollars, in fact.

I have used commercial Adobe Type 1 fonts and apparently Commodore also used commercial fonts.

The only difference is Commodore used the industrial photolithographic versions, not the postscript ones.

Offline MaDDuck

• Show only replies by MaDDuck
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 02:13:31 AM »
so anyway.....
is it anal-retentive, or anal retentive???

"Dance like no ones watching, love like you\'ve never been hurt, work like you dont need the money,and laugh like no ones listening!"
- Unknown

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 02:22:49 AM »

MaDDuck wrote:
so anyway.....

:sleep:

Your interest for historical details is stunning...

Offline mr_a500

• Show only replies by mr_a500
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 03:51:13 AM »
Nice work, eslapion. :-)

so anyway.....

I've never understood how that expression became popular. I first heard it in the early 90's and when somebody said "oh, he's so anal", I thought he liked sticking things up his ass.

"Anal retentive"? It sounds like a person who retains a tight anus. That's a good thing. "A loose ass loses gas."

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 07:18:39 AM »
Anally retentive refers to the Freudian theory that our personalities are shaped by the way we are toilet trained. Somebody who is scolded for going to the toilet (specifically number 2) is likely to become obsessive, clingy, hoarding, picky, etc and may continue to experience (emotional) discomfort when going to the toilet. This is called anally retentive. The opposite occurs when a child is praised when using the toilet, and the resulting personality type is referred to as anally expulsive.

Well, you did ask.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline Roj

• Show only replies by Roj
    • http://amiga.org/modules/mylinks/visit.php?lid=247
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 07:38:39 AM »
Good analysis. ;-)
I sold my Amiga for a small fortune, but a part of my soul went with it.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 11:46:07 AM »

motorollin wrote:
Anally retentive refers to the Freudian theory that our personalities are shaped by the way we are toilet trained. Somebody who is scolded for going to the toilet (specifically number 2) is likely to become obsessive, clingy, hoarding, picky, etc and may continue to experience (emotional) discomfort when going to the toilet. This is called anally retentive. The opposite occurs when a child is praised when using the toilet, and the resulting personality type is referred to as anally expulsive.

Well, you did ask.

--
moto

A few months ago, the president of the french division of the CBC, called the SRC, mr. Guy Founier was fired for saying on public television that defecating was an activity that he found to be pleasurable... :lol:

Personnaly, I am a partly autistic person (Asperger syndrome) so I am always enclined to be meticulous and focused on details but I don't remember being scolded for going to the toilet.

I am not going to make any declarations like those of Mr. Fournier but I can safely say that I do not feel any particular discomfort going to the bathroom for no.2. Except perhaps when I have health issues and that's not too often.

Offline lurkist

• Show only replies by lurkist
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 12:25:17 PM »
@moto -

cheers, always wondered where that expression originated!
Now we finally have a use for this one - :angry:  (should be renamed to "straining")
A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 1260 66 +32MB, OS3.9, 2.5\\" HD, IDEfix97 + DVD-RW + Zip, SD/FF + 15\\" CRT, Ioblix1200P + scanner, PCMCIA LAN + router

Offline MaDDuck

• Show only replies by MaDDuck
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 07:51:23 AM »
Fascinating....
I too suffer from Asperger Syndrome! I was diagnosed when I was in my early 30's. What a relief that was!!! I had a reason, and not just an excuse! My life got better....

Freud's theory also relates to the location of the libido. when you're born it's in your anus, ever see a sad baby pooping?? then it moves to the mouth, where they constantly try to put things in there, then (IIRC, it's been YEARS!) it moves to it's correct location!

"Dance like no ones watching, love like you\'ve never been hurt, work like you dont need the money,and laugh like no ones listening!"
- Unknown

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 05:22:35 AM »

MaDDuck wrote:
Fascinating....
I too suffer from Asperger Syndrome! I was diagnosed when I was in my early 30's. What a relief that was!!! I had a reason, and not just an excuse! My life got better....

Freud's theory also relates to the location of the libido. when you're born it's in your anus, ever see a sad baby pooping?? then it moves to the mouth, where they constantly try to put things in there, then (IIRC, it's been YEARS!) it moves to it's correct location!

Actually, in France Freudian psychanalists dominate the field of psychology.

As a consequence, they are considered to be totally backwards (rightfully so, I might add) by the scientific community. Especially in the field of autism and Asperger.

Offline royne

• Show only replies by royne
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
@ eslapion
nice i have bin looking for this

By any chance do you have the CMYK color codes or the full graphical profile for Amiga and/or Commodore?

Maybe there is some more info where you found/scanned those images.

Offline lopos

• Show only replies by lopos
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 01:22:35 PM »
 @eslapion
Thanks. Great info.